View Full Version : Powering Accessories from Fuse Box

08-04-2002, 03:11 PM
About 6 months ago there was a topic of getting power for guages or accessories. There was one that was made like a mini fuse but had a spade on the back side for accessories. I had the web add but lost it. does anybody have the add or know where I can order them.

2001 Silverado LT 4X4 & other good Stuff

08-04-2002, 04:02 PM
Here is the story on the gauge install. I bought the mini fuse taps at NAPA. The part number is 784666. I took a pic of the tap and sent it to TDP. Jim updated the story with the pic and gave me credit for the photo (nice guy). I haven't ever seen a fuse with a built in spade.


08-04-2002, 05:11 PM
I wasn't aware of those. I used a product from LittleFuse called "Add-A-Circut". You remove the fuse you want to use and plug this in. Then put the original fuse in the bottom slot and the fuse for your added circut next to it. It has a short pigtail coming off of it for your new circut. They have the normal size and the mini fuse size. I got them at the auto parts store. I no longer have the package they came in but if someone wants to use them and can not find them I will stop at the store and get the part number.


08-04-2002, 07:29 PM
I've seen that type of add-on for a circuit. I'll probably go that way. I thought someone might have saved the web add of the other type.

Silver Bullet
08-04-2002, 08:12 PM
Be aware there can be a gotcha if you plug in the fuse with adapter on and then take it off...it will widen the gap that the fuse plugs into. I found this out the hard way b/c I plugged into the wrong fuse initially (interior lights) and after that my interior lights would flicker at will. I figured it out and used a tiny screwdriver to make the connection narrower to allow proper fit for the fuse. I have not had any problems since.

08-09-2002, 09:02 PM
The part number for the Bussmann Littlefuse add-a-circuit is "BP/HHH" for the mini fuse,check their website;

[ 08-09-2002: Message edited by: Tinbender ]</p>

08-25-2002, 10:16 PM
Can you send me an E-mail please. I need someone in the lower 48 to help me out on this add-a- circuit. Can't find them here.

See sig for address. Thanks

02-26-2003, 05:19 PM
I am trying to find someone who carries the power tap from Buss. Does anyone know of a chain of auto parts stores that carry the Buss line of fuses and fuse products? Thanks

02-26-2003, 06:07 PM
Autozone is half the price of NAPA. Napa was $14 and Autozone was about $7. Same part.


02-26-2003, 11:53 PM
I just picked up one today. I bought it at Pep-Boys, it's a littlefuse part# 0FHM0200ZP. It's called a mini add-a-circuit. It came with 4 fuses from 3a-10a. I believe the cost was $8.99, I thought that was kinda of high.

Wal-mart also has some like it, I'm not sure if they have the mini fuse. If they do I'm sure it's fairly inexpensive.

02-27-2003, 02:57 AM
Access-a-fuse is a good way to go, but they are still developing the mini fuse style. :( They are a lot better than the standard fuse taps. I ended up using the Littlefuse add-a-circuit. $6.99 from autozone. www.accessafuse.com maybe if enough people call they will come out quicker. smile.gif I don't know what everyone else has but the add-a-circuits take a lot of space needed for other add ons. Example: My bumper guides, I have fuse tapped to function with turn signals and marker lights. Turn signal fuses are right next to each other and add-a-circuit are to big :(

02-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Thanks all yall... I was able to find it at autozone. Took some diggin, it was behind the larger blade style add a circuit. CB talks great now.

biker Wayne
03-04-2003, 12:32 PM
One word of caution. I looked into using the add-a-circuit for my air bag compressor. The compressor takes 15 amps. The add-a-circuit is only rated to 10 amps; you could do some melt down. Also be careful which fuse you plug into. EVERYTHING in all 3 fuse boxes is monitored by the computer. If you seriously change the amperage being used on the circuit, the computer can shut the circuit. Dealer told me of 1 guy who plugged in his driving lights into 1 of the fuse plugs and would have to hold the key at start for 10 seconds before it would start. Guauges aren't a problem, but be carefull about higher amps.

03-04-2003, 05:11 PM
I needed ignition-switched 18 amps for something in my truck - WAY too much to pull out of a fuse tap in the fuse block.

I took the truck to a local stereo installer, since they do this kind of thing for a living, and they wired me up with a slick setup. They tapped into a switched line under the dash for control and then ran a separate power line from the battery, switched via a solenoid, to a fuse block and then back to my application.

Cost $100 and well worth it. Super clean install.

- Mark

GM Smitty
03-04-2003, 07:18 PM
Go to any auto parts store and buy a relay for about $7. Most relays are good up to 30 amps.

03-04-2003, 08:05 PM
Yes, of course. But the stereo shop did a much cleaner install than I would have been capable of.

- Mark