PDA

View Full Version : Conversion Time

wade-ve7trw
06-30-2007, 23:35
Got The tools; got the projects lined up; got the new shop (40 by 60-hope it is big enough); Now to find the time. First project--1982 gmc 2500-change trans to a 700r4 and add cruise, tilt and power windows and door lock. Second project--convert the gasser to diesel in the 79 duelly hd. The Donner 86 burb has been stripped -only took a week after getting started (not bad as these projects started a year ago. The parts collection overflowed the living room so some thing had to go-the parts and me or else- The boss's words( got more room now):D :D . even downsized the inventory in the back yard from 7 to 4 trucks -gave two gassers to my helpers for helping dismantle but got 2 more diesels for future projects in place of them:) :o :)

wade-ve7trw
07-16-2007, 00:30
The 86 burb is gone to a far better place--found a person that wanted the rear end and mag rims-so the deal was take it all or nothing; It left. The 83 2500p/u is in the shop and striped down. found a few surprises-need to rebuild the steering assembly (everything from a-frame bushing to tie-rod ends). So while waiting for the parts to come it is a good time to install the turbo while i'm doing the trans. The Only way to do this is to strip the entire front clip off and replace or repair any rusted body parts at the same time. Good Heavens--it's a frame up restoration project now.:D :) :D

wade-ve7trw
08-21-2007, 22:03
The project truck for drag racing just came to tweaked frame end. Getting all the parts put back on - the words to a song came very clear--and the holes did not line up. Got the laser tools out and did a frame alignment setup--passenger side is out of whack -pushed back about a 1/2 inch and a slight twist to the. frame rail drivers side. Time to stop and start over-1-find a new frame, 2-find another truck and start over, 3-scrape project and do something else, 4-buy another truck and 5-buy another truck.
Solution: 4-Buy another truck
5-buy another truck
So i did that. 1985 k10 4x4--new motor 5k on it. 700r4-5k on it. bills for all work included. The Only thing not too fussy about is the $cdn3000 stereo included -too noisy for these old ears
:cool: