PDA

View Full Version : Allison cooler line fitting sizes?

pushpole
08-23-2007, 15:19
Anybody know the thread size for the fittings which enter and exit on the transmission? My cooler upgrade project is not quite the plug and play swap I was hoping for. I'm probably not as clever as Ranch55! I'm thinking of swapping out the cooler lines with some AN-10 fittings/hose for a clean installation.
Thanx

killerbee
08-24-2007, 06:04
What kind of TOC are you using? I have some custom made fittings for the Jiffy Tite interface.

pushpole
08-24-2007, 10:59
I'm installing a Long H7B with 1/2" NPT fittings on the cooler. No problem there, as the OEM cooler fittings are 1/2" NPT. My difficulty is the hard piped cooling line to the larger cooler places quite a bit of side stress on the connections unless I tilt the cooler at a 45 degree angle. I don't like that option. So I thought I would just replace both cooler lines back to the transmission. I have not disconnected and un-threaded the fittings at the transmiision yet. That's the thread size location I'm interested in. I'll take it apart in the morning and figure it out. I was hoping someone would know and save me a little time and effort.
Thanx for the reply

killerbee
08-24-2007, 12:31
I was hoping someone would know and save me a little time and effort.
Thanx for the reply

Use a setrab 920. Goes right in place as long as you can fab some brackets. The lines line up perfectly

Having to replace transmission lines, sounds like a bummer, when I assume you wanted to save money.