PDA

View Full Version : Gas to Diesel conversion

mudbud255
09-07-2007, 19:05
I should have also asked if once I swap the gas motor for the Diesel will the pump in the gas tank pump diesel through it or should I take the pump out or just swap out for the Diesel fuel tank ?

moondoggie
09-10-2007, 10:05
Good Day!

I really have no idea, but since no one else has answered...

Diesel fuel is considerably more viscous than gasoline, particularly as you approach gell- or pour-point. Unless someone has done this before & has some hard data, you're unlikely to get a solid answer to this question. Also, what else might be on the fuel pickup of a diesel that might be missing from a gasser setup? I know there's some sort of "sock" on the fuel pickup of a diesel that (I think) gets bypassed if it plugs; I doubt the same stuff is on a gasser fuel pickup. Maybe a guy could just replace the fuel pickup & sender assy without replacing the whole tank, eh? ;) I have no idea if this is possible or not.

Let us know what you come up with...

Blessings!

john8662
09-10-2007, 10:47
Fuel pump in the tank for a gasser?

You'll need to remove this assembly and get the one for a diesel, or just eliminate the pump and have the tubing to where it can pull fuel from near the bottom of the tank.

If the fuel pump in the tank from the gasser is from a fuel injected model, it may be too high of fuel pressure for the diesel as well.

J