PDA

View Full Version : 94-98 Chevy 2500/3500 4x4 D/A Conversion ?'s

Randall224482
10-29-2007, 21:06
Ok...
So I am interested in learning more about what all I would need to start with a conversion into a 94-98 Chevy Reg. Cab 2500/3500 4x4 single wheel. Best places to purchase donor parts???? This truck doesn't need to be luxurious, doesn't need A/C. My goal would be to build the truck to be street legal yet with mid to low 11's in the 1/4 mile!!! :D

so here's a list of what I am interested in...

Duramax Donor Engine LLY or LB7 ? - EBAY????

Donor 4x4 Allison/Transfer Case or
SunCoast Stage V Trans.??? (Either way stock trans. would be replaced for peformance one)

Custom EFi ECM/TCM or Stock?

POWER ADDERS
PPE Dual Fueler Twin CP3

PPE Lift Pump

PPE Intercooler

EFi Live Tuning

FASS 95 gph

Piers Diesel or DDP Injector Nozzles - 50hp

Garrett GT 42 or 45 Turbo or
ATS Aurora 5K

Valve Springs - CrankItUpDiesel
Spring Cups - " "
Titanium Retainers - " "
Head Studs - " "
Main Studs - " "

Replacement EFi ECM - SoCal Diesel
Allison TCM - " "

I have done some reading that the stock dash will work, however the newer dash can be retrofitted. Depending on my taste I may go with a custom AutoMeter Gauge setup with tach, speedo, egt, boost, trans, fuel, etc.

I figured with the engine out of the truck, start adding the power adders then. Will the EFi tuning work being in a older model truck, even with the proper ECM etc.?

Would it be a better idea to perform these modifications on a LB7 or LLY? I have heard of the EGR of the LLY and the injector problems of the LB7, but either way I would replace injectors on eiter LLY or LB7.

Also, would the drivetrain of the truck work or would axles need to be swapped for better performance? Any other stock parts off the 94-98 truck need to be replaced?

ANY IDEAS OR POSTIVE INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! THANKS!!!!

More Power
10-30-2007, 13:39
90’s conversion info
http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=23241
Cummins Intercooler
http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=28445