PDA

View Full Version : Should I or Not

TGVet
01-15-2008, 13:46
That is the question.
Go through ALL the hoops swapping 1995 2500 Suburban (in mint cond.) to a 2006 Duramax,Allison,transfer case,ECU, harness's and what ever else.
OR, find the best/newest 6.5 long block or drop in replacement. I have Jim's book, not yet read it cover to cover. Iv'e been making LOT's of inquireies for 6.6's and 6.5's. Found various ones around the country. New/reman's from Reviva and others. Used 06 gear w/low (14to19,000 miles) all totaling around 12 grand about 5 or 6K more than the 6.5.

Besides Jim B., has anyone on the DP's done the 6.6 swap? And if so, I'm just living to know all the info you have from your experience and, or with, Jim's book. I'm also interested in any of you that have just done a 6.5 for 6.5, and whether or not you've made as many possible upgrades to that engine that are possible, realizing it does have many limitations.

I am really missing driving my Sub.

Thanks one and all.

Rob

More Power
01-15-2008, 15:15
Your can see member Gordon Marks 1999 Suburban conversion here:
http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=27851
He's nearly finished with it.

Conversion packages have sold anywhere from $5K to $12K. I know one near zero mile 2005 D/A/transfercase package that was almost 100% complete (everything necessary to make the conversion) sold for $8K a month or so ago.

Come to Montana, and I'll let you drive mine.... :)

Jim