Thread: 6.2 Turbo Diesel El Camino

Default 6.2 Turbo Diesel El Camino

Hi all, the time has come that I need to pass on my beloved El Camino. I recently (Sept 2015) converted it to diesel using a 1991 6.2 (with turbo) and 4l80e transmission.

Please see my ad at: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/c...292998204.html

The reason for selling is that I need more seatbelts and passenger capacity, plus I no longer have a garage or place to keep it other than curb side. Otherwise it has been a great car and I hope to pass it along to someone that will care for it as much as I have. I have around $7k invested in the conversion up to this point plus more than 2100hrs, I wouldn't mind at least recouping the parts cost if possible, so price is negotiable to a good home.

Thanks for checking it out.

Very cool project!

Good luck with the sale.

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Cool. A project like that was discussed here a while back. I always thought that would be neat daily driver. Good luck with the sale.
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer...new 6.5 in process...diamond block, 18:1's, other goodies...

Arrow

Cool project!

With the canopy on and very conservative driving I've had a best average of 38.5mpg going from Seattle to Bellingham, another trip over the mountains I had an average of 32mpg going from Seattle to Yakima in the heat of summer.
    Jim

Thanks for the kudos! It was a very fun and challenging project. During the build process I did keep a blog, pretty sure I shared the link with diesel page when I first finished the car. Here is a link to the blog if anyone is curious.

https://dieselcamino.wordpress.com/

Default Sold

Thanks all for the interest, the car has found a new enthusiastic owner.