Thread: Injector return fuel line

Default Injector return fuel line

I pulled my 6.2 to swap out some gaskets, freeze plugs and hoses. The only 1/8" fuel line I can find is the clear lawn and garden variety. Will that be OK?

Arrow

No. That won't work (for long, anyway).

A complete return line kit from Kennedy (or perhaps other TDP vendors) is $25. The kit is an injector service kit and includes all the lines, end plugs, injector coppers and air cleaner gasket, IIRC. If you want only the hose, contact him. I don't know if he sells it separately, but might.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Quote Originally Posted by woodwright View Post
    I pulled my 6.2 to swap out some gaskets, freeze plugs and hoses. The only 1/8" fuel line I can find is the clear lawn and garden variety. Will that be OK?
    I think I would look up a diesel shop in the phone book and give them a visit. I expect that they would have a spool of it and could sell you what you need + the clips if required with the particular type of hose that they use.
    84 C10 J code intake.

83 C10 Scottsdale w/veggie conversion.

98 K3500 Silverado CC DRW, marine injectors, 4" exhaust (kitty cat MIA), boost and egt gauges, FSD relocated, #9 resistor thingy, reman Navistar block from Kennedy installed Jan 08, Reese Signature Series Gooseneck hitch.

95 C2500 F code. Rebuilt GEP. Daily driver since Jan 2014.

Most NAPA stores stock it, as a kit of precut hoses and clamps.
    '94 Barth 28' Breakaway M/H ("StaRV II") diesel pusher: Spartan chassis, aluminum birdcage construction. Peninsular/AMG 6.5L TD (230HP), 18:1, Phazer, non-wastgated turbo, hi-pop injectors, 4L80E (Sun Coast TC & rebuild, M-H Pan), Dana 80 (M-H Cover), Fluidampr, EGT, trans temp, boost gage. Honda EV-4010 gaso genset, furnace, roof air, stove, microwave/convection, 2-dr. 3-way reefer. KVH R5SL Satellite. Cruises 2, sleeps 4, carries 6, and parties 8 (parties 12 - tested).

Stand-ins are an '02 Cadillac Escalade AWD 6.0L and an '06 Toyota Sienna Limited.

You can find it on ebay.
    Here is an auction number 270659537940 at ebay

This is the stuff I got, its made in Germany and is a Push Lock type hose. Very good stuff

The stuff you want has a fabric cover and does not require clamps, except the rubber stoppers on the back end two nipples.

I bought some for the DaHoooley engine and it was great stuff.

Good price too
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY