Thread: Gel point of #2 diesel?

Question

Anyone know the gel point of #2 diesel-its supposed to get down to 5* here tonight, I have no idea if the fuel here is blended or not and I'm not running any additives.
    \'01 2500 X-Cab SB 4x4 D/A on \"Edge\"<br />K&N filter, Isspro Boost & EGT<br />Spray in Liner, Catchall Xtreme mats

The gel point is going to vary depending on where you are at and how they have thinned the fuel for the colder weather. Being from northern North Dakota I have seen it get to close to 0 degrees and had my pickup start with straight #2 fuel and no obvoius gelling . Seeing as you are from south central Kansas it might start to gel at a warmer temp maybe around 10 degrees as the #2 fuel may not be as thin there as it is up north. If you need the pickup right away in the morning it may cause some slight problems and may want to add some fuel conditioner but if you are not going anywhere until the temp warms up you will probably be alright.

A little long I know but I hope it helps.
    Wheat Whacker
    2001 Chevrolet 2500HD Crew Cab LB
    1995 Chevrolet 2500HD Ext. Cab LB
    6.5L Turbo Diesel HO (I know it ain't a DMAX but I can pretend, right)
    Amsoiled from one end to the other
    Road Warrior Class V Bumper with a "When I Grow Up I Want To Be a Kenworth" Bumpersticker

jbplock Guest

An interesting article on wax formation:

http://www.accelrys.com/cases/wax.html

[img]smile.gif[/img]