Thread: One piece drive shaft

I was very surprised the first time I looked under my truck and noticed a two piece drive shaft under My 2003 GMC 2500 HD two wheel drive. I have noticed other people indicate in there truck descriptions that they have a one piece drive shaft. I'm guessing this refrences the fact that they changed what their truck came with.
    I did a topic search to no avail. Would someone please share their knowledge on why this was done. what aftermarket products were used, the benefits, the effect on the warrenty and the cost of this modification. Thanks
    2003 GMC 2500 HD. Extended cab, SLT, short bed,Duramax Diesel and Allison 1000 Series, 5-speed automatic transmission. Air-Lift 5000 rear air bags, on-board tank/compressor, Velvet-Ride shackles, twin needle presure gauge, Bilstein shocks. Spray on bed liner. Juice. Banks monster exhaust, A-Piller EGT and Boost gauges. Kennedy Headlight Booster Kit. Access Limited Tonneau cover by AGRI-COVER.

mfontana,

The one piece drive shaft was placed on specific 4-wheel drive ONLY. The list included only K2500HD and K3500. None of the CXXXX types were involved.

I don't know if that means no two wheel drives had the shudder launch issue, or GM simply ignored them. Fortunately, my C3500 is fine.

Don
    2003 GMC 3500 SLE, D/A, EC, LB, 2WD, White/Pewter, DeeZee boards, 5th wheel