Thread: Allison Electronic Shift Control

Thumbs up

Specifically designed for the Allison 1000/2000 Park Pawl trnasmission.

Probably not something we would install on our trucks but the information is interesting. Basically it's an electronic shifter that mounts where our cable, NSBU switch is. In the cab you have an electronic shift controller.

"The primary components of the electric shift system consist of a pushbutton range selector, Electric Shifter Interface (ESI) module, and an integrated Electromechanical Solenoid Firing (ESF) module / solenoid actuated transmission station.

The transmission station is easily installed onto the transmission. It is bolted onto the transmission with an accompanying bracket and linkage and lever to the selector shaft. The mounting envelope of the shifter does not interfere with the NSBU or the PTO mounting pads. Power and interface connections are made with environmentally sealed, over-molded connectors which maintain the IP67 sealing characteristics of the system."

http://www.stonebennett.com/Sb/Future%20Products.html

hoot, that's a similar system I used when I was driving a Freightliner diesel pusher motorhome. Had all the gears on display just to the left of the steering wheel, all you had to do was push the button and it would shift. It also had an auto shift button where it would do the shifting without button pushing. Kinda cool because it was the first time I saw it and used something like it, I agree though, not something you would put on the DMAX.

LA DMAX
    2002 GMC 2500HD SLT 4X4 DMAX/ALLI CC/SB G80, loaded. Pewter/Pewter<br />Add ons: Line-x, Star shield, catch alls, Transynd.

Stone-Bennett is one of two or three companies making such a shifter, but it won't fit on a 4WD pickup truck - no clearance for it with a front driveshaft. Really designed for use on motorhomes or buses with rear engines and long shift cables.

Thumbs up

Hey I've got that on my WA-380 loader. I don't have a park pawl, but I dare ya to cut it off while you'er roll'n!! If the brakes loose power, there internal, it will lock down! It's got an auto button, gear selector and works both ways. The gear postion lock is right on the side of the stick, the reducer(drops it in 1st) is on the top...er I may have it backwards. Anyway, if It works on that "BIG" Alli, why should it not work on our small Alli? When you'er move'n dirt down the road, let's say 1,000 ft, you need the gear lock-out. The slightest hill will down-shift your tractor wasting time, fuel, oppertunity and money. A lock-out saves all around. It would be nice to have that in our trucks, even if it only worked down to 35mph or 1300 RPM. I hate running down 40MPH roads in 4th gear!!! If I speed up fast enough to get 5th to kick in...."BLAM" Howdy officer .....Never fails, around here at least....

Burner
    2003 GMC SLT CC 4x4 SB-Cooper Tires-Speed Liner-Activator II-Full length ICI SS step bars B&W Goose & more to come
    -- Member #7527
    E-Mail --&gt;Twomuchplay(at)AOL(dot)com