Thread: wiring harness question

Default wiring harness question

Are the wiring harnesses the same for diesel and gas?
    The wires are toast on my diesel Jimmy, and was wondering if I could use something like this even though its probably for a gas engine.

http://painlesswiring.com/webcatalog...=4x4%20OffRoad

Or if anyone could point me to a better alternative, Id greatly appreciate it.

I was thinking the same thing for my Toyota but I was going to get the waterproof 20 circuit. Obviously it would need to be connected slightly differently for the glow plugs and shut down, and if anyone has any hints they'd be greatly appreciated, but in general I think it would work.

The wiring on the mechanical injected rigs can be pretty simple.

The injection pump needs a good 12V supply thats switched by the ignition.

The glow plugs can be run manually with a Ford Starter relay and a push button.

The cold advance is a simple circuit that runs from the main power supplied to the injection pump, through a 120 F temp switch and to the advance and the fast idle.

The rest of the stuff is all very basic, such as the starter, alternator, lights and such.

I have seen the gasser wiring harnesse used with the 12V supply that feeds the coil used to run a relay and power the Injection pump.

You have a Buttload of great options.

What year is your Jimmy diesel, I think I have a complete underhood wiring harness from a 1987 Burb diesel laying in the shop that needs a home.

Missy
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY