Thread: Wiring Diagram - Mirrors

Can anybody direct me to wiring diagrams for the electric/heated mirrors for the 2002 model year? Mi truck came with the manual towing mirrors. The passendger door was wired, but not the driver door. I want to connect the driver door too. I have the switches and armrest plate.
    2002 GMC 3500, Extended Cab, SLE, Storm Gray, Duramax, Allison, 4x4, AMS-Oil Air Filter, Line-X spray-in liner, PaceEdwards rolltop cover, XM Radio, Reese 16K 5th Wheel Hitch, Lucerix Trailering Mirrors (soon to have TTT Mirrors)<p>Pulling a Kountry Star 30RKCL<p><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/29000596SajNJGBIml\" target=\"_blank\"><b> My Truck and Trailer </b></a>

Switches and armrest plate??
    The heated mirrors on the '02 are part of the rear window defroster circuit, and switched on with the RWD switch in the heater/ac control panel.

I know because I ordered my truck with heated mirrors, but no RWD. Showed up without either. Dealer had to install the mirrors for free (actually, I paid the option charge for the heated mirrors when I ordered). Wiring was present, but heater/ac head unit had to be swapped out for one with the RWD switch.
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic SLT K3500 CC DRW.
    19.5" Alcoas with 245/70R19.5 Goodyear treads, AFE 5" exhaust, Edge Attitude CTS, AMP Powersteps, Bilstein 5100's

The mirrors I got with the truck were note remote controlled or heated. They were the manual towing mirrors. I put remote/heated mirrors on.

The drivers door was wired and the heater works fine with the RWD. I want to get the driverside wired too.

I ordered the armrest panel and switches (one to select the mirror to adjust, the other to make the adjustment) from the dealer. When I went to install them I could not find the wiring in the drivers door. So I need to wire from under the dash out to the switches and DS mirror. I'm sure I can get the connector but I need a wiring diagram to see what color wires I'm working with, the plug/connectors numbers and whichi pins to wire to.

It would be nice if GM put the Service Manual and Wiring Diagrams online where owners could access them. When I had my other truck, I had a user ID and password to a **** Owners site where I could access service manuals and wiring diagrams.

If someone knows the part number for the wiring harness that goes to the driver side controls and mirror, that would be even better.

[ 02-20-2003: Message edited by: johns ]</p>
    2002 GMC 3500, Extended Cab, SLE, Storm Gray, Duramax, Allison, 4x4, AMS-Oil Air Filter, Line-X spray-in liner, PaceEdwards rolltop cover, XM Radio, Reese 16K 5th Wheel Hitch, Lucerix Trailering Mirrors (soon to have TTT Mirrors)<p>Pulling a Kountry Star 30RKCL<p><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/29000596SajNJGBIml\" target=\"_blank\"><b> My Truck and Trailer </b></a>

johns,

I am looking into the same things as you are doing. Do you have the part numbers for the switches and armrest?

Let me see if I have this right from your posting and others in the past:

If you have the maunal mirrors only, no RWD, and you want to switch to electric (and heated), you need to:
    Replace the climate control headplate to get the RWD button, replace the driver's side armrest with the mirror control switches, and also wire somehow the drivers side door to connect to the mirror. The pasenger side seems to be wired already.

Does this seem right?
    2002 2500HD DA LS ExC LB 2WD, HOT Juice, Predator 1.04, BANKS Monster Exhaust, Deep Pan Alli, JK HB Kit, TTT Mirror, XM Sony PnP, High Idle w/ PTO Switch, Armacoat Liner, Black like the #3!<a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/3and77\" target=\"_blank\">PICS</a>

The factory mirrors were manual. The Lucerix mirrors I bought were electronic and heated. The passenger door was completely wired; just plugged it in. I purchased the two switches (comes together in one package, one #) and a replacement armrest panel where the window control's are. I will get those #'s for you.

I am still goin to strip the driver door down as I find it hard to believe (from a financial perspective) that GM would use two different wiring harnesses on the driver door.

3-Fan check here for the P/N's
    http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/u...c&f=5&t=000388

[ 02-26-2003: Message edited by: johns ]</p>

johns,

So you have RWD? I don't. I think I need to get the climate control head unit that has the RWD button. Other wise, I won't be able to tell the mirror heat to turn on.

Let me know if you find the harness down in the DS door. Ya I don't understand why they would use a differnt harness either.
    2002 2500HD DA LS ExC LB 2WD, HOT Juice, Predator 1.04, BANKS Monster Exhaust, Deep Pan Alli, JK HB Kit, TTT Mirror, XM Sony PnP, High Idle w/ PTO Switch, Armacoat Liner, Black like the #3!<a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/3and77\" target=\"_blank\">PICS</a>

Yes. I already had the RWD.

so how much does a climate control head unit with the RWD cost?
    Member, Cedar Creek RV Club<br />02 Chevy Ext Cab LB D/A Black<br />2003 Cedar Creek 30RLBS<br />Husky 16K hitch<br />Schefenacker TTT Mirrors

Ram--You can get the climate control head unit with RWD from gmpartsdirect.com for $64.00 plus shipping and handling. The dealer wants $125.00 plus tax. The part # 15054698
    2001 Chevy 2500 HD Extended Cab Duramax, Allison Tran. 4X4. Rino bed liner, westin step rails, Fumoto Valve.<br />Set The Hook Hard. Kick the Tires and Light the Fire.