Thread: Quarter Mile times

I run 16.35 bone stock with 1800 miles on it, what would I run JUICED? I have added a 4" exhaust since I ran it and a few more miles, 5300. This was done in Penwell Texas, about 3000 foot elevation. The stock run was in 4x4, and the juiced one will be to.

When Edge was just starting out selling Dodge boxes I became a dealer. Just something to do on the side, sold a few, got tired of it and quit. I had one of the first Edge Boxes on my Dodge, great customer service, great box. I'm tempted to get juiced and maybe sell again, but I told my self I was keeping this one stock. Oh well, whatever.

Pete
    2003 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel, Quad cab, 4x4, SO 5 speed(250 hp), bright silver, 315x70x17 BFG tires.<p>FOR SALE Correctrack spacers 2\"<br />Email me for price, Swayse@nwol.net

IVE RAN A 14.8? ET CANNT REMEMBER THE EXACT TIME BUT IT WAS IN THE 14.8? AREA WITH THE JUICE AND EXHAUST. THERE ARE GUYS RUNNING FASTER THAN THAT ON HERE IM SURE THEYLL SPEAK UP. YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH THE JUICE.
    \'01 CHEVY D/A REG CAB 4X4<br />SPA DG-211 GUAGE<br />JUICE BOX BY EDGE<br />HUSKY FLOOR MATS<br />AMSOIL AIR FILTER<br />5 INCH EXHAUST<br />MY AIR BOX LOOKS LIKE SWISS CHEESE <br />XM SAT. RADIO<br />PEANUTGRWR@AOL.COM WHEN I GROW UP I DONT WANNA BE LIKE BROKERS!

Talking

With a regular cab, in tow/haul and 2WD mode, I'd guess you'd be able to do probably 14.3sec in the 1/4mi, perhaps better with good tires and a good launch.

Regards, Steve

I AGREE. THE LAUNCH IS THE KEY. I CANNT GET THE STREET TIRES TO HOLD EVEN IN 4X4.
    \'01 CHEVY D/A REG CAB 4X4<br />SPA DG-211 GUAGE<br />JUICE BOX BY EDGE<br />HUSKY FLOOR MATS<br />AMSOIL AIR FILTER<br />5 INCH EXHAUST<br />MY AIR BOX LOOKS LIKE SWISS CHEESE <br />XM SAT. RADIO<br />PEANUTGRWR@AOL.COM WHEN I GROW UP I DONT WANNA BE LIKE BROKERS!

Talking

That would work. The Mustang GT boys around here are running around 15 stock. I loved smoking those with my Dodge, the look on their faces, cool. If I can do that with this thing with just a box, man that's even better.
    2003 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel, Quad cab, 4x4, SO 5 speed(250 hp), bright silver, 315x70x17 BFG tires.<p>FOR SALE Correctrack spacers 2\"<br />Email me for price, Swayse@nwol.net

Talking

That will depend on whether they have slicks or not. My '89 Stang puts out ~275hp and has Southside Machine lift bars, subframe connectors, etc. With street tires, the best times were 14.9x sec. With slicks (hot, humid Hawaii air) the best runs were 13.9x sec.

Pretty amazing to drive a diesel truck keeping up with pony cars.

Regards, Steve

14.92 @ 90
    2.01 60ft.

cc/sb leaving in 4hi

Looks as if SoCal better leave the pony in the stable!

[ 09-09-2002: Message edited by: big dipper ]</p>

mtomac Guest

best 1/4 mile time - 14.71 @ 90.74 mph
    best 60' time 2.01
    race weight ~ 6600#

Generally I can cut a 0.5 sec of my 1/4 mile times
    in 4wd. I can run 15.2's all day long in 2wd but the tires spin very easily with little boost.

I always run with the juice on level 4 and the tranny in tow/haul a$$ mode. I also leave the tailgate, spare tire, ect. at home and try not to carry more than 1/4 - 3/8 of a tank of fuel.

[ 09-09-2002: Message edited by: Micheal Tomac ]</p>

Micheal,
    We look to have the same set-up, except for the air inlet. I thought of removing the headlight and the air box to face the tube in that direction, but my truck is factory in almost every way except for the air filter and I was loving the crowd! "Did you see that?" "I couldn't even hear it!" "Is it stock?"

I had more fun at the track Friday night with this truck than I used to have with with my car!

Did you ever run it with the stock air box?

mtomac Guest

I haven't ran the truck with the stock airbox or stock muffler. I haven't even tried the juice at a lower setting.

VIDEO of the 14.71 run (copy & paste)
    http://www.antiquetractorpulling.com...sVortec6.0.mpg

[ 09-10-2002: Message edited by: Micheal Tomac ]</p>

I think I'll stay stock until I get the Trans Am sold. We live at about 3000' elevation, the Mustangs out here are just slow. A buddy of mine bought a 2001 Conv. auto GT, after a new flowmaster muffler he ran a 15.3. On the same day with my wifes 99 Trans Am auto, street tires, cat back, ran a 13.7 at 101. If I go 1000' lower to San Angleo, 13.38 at 104. I know it would hit 12s at sea level. It's just sad they don't make them anymore, great car wish I could keep it.

Swayse,

Ya but there being replaced by a GTO.......Year????

MAC

OK, said I wouldn't post it, ran 14.98 at 91+ mph in 3000 ft air. 2001HD ext/cab s/b D/A leaving at 1200 rpm (high as I could go w/o blowing the tires off), amsoil air filter, juice set on level 4 in t/h mode, two 4 gallon cases of oil in the back + 12 oil filters and 4 wheeler ramps + full tank of diesel (truck with me weighed 6500+ on the scales). If I could have brought boost up and took the weight out, probably could have run 14.70 or lower, wished I had some tires that would hold (P265-16 Coopers)!

Forgot: 2/wd w/limited slip rear

[ 09-11-2002: Message edited by: Joe.G ]</p>
    Joe

Red face

I can't see how the mustang out sells the F bodys, but they do, like three times over. I hope they do build a GTO, but I wonder. I've heard so many rumors about a new SS truck to kick the lightnings butt, nothing yet. They could just do the ford thing, stick a charger on it and some wheels and call it good.

Them some good numbers guys. I'll just get juiced, put some SS stickers on my truck and go racing.

Pete

A guy last Friday night at the Track had a D-max running 15.0h's. Everyone was pretty pumped about it too! Quiet, not alot of smoke and whoopin some imports! Maybe if I can get the deals worked out I cqan get my D-max right now suffering with the tranny woes with my Ford. 4th tranny and its going south. To bad this time the truck has been stock with the exception of exhaust.
    TOP DAWG Motorsports!<br />02 GMC 2500HD Black CC/SB<br />Dynomax 4IN exhaust 6IN Bassani tip. AFE Stage 2 Air System. <br />CURRENTLY ON 3RD TURBO!!!! <br />14.60@90MPH stock air filter and exhaust.

Cool

Welcome to the forum. I was a Dodge boy before I got the Dmax. I like this truck more and more every day, and I'm still stock. Had good luck with my Dodge, I just wanted something different. But I must confess to telling a few jokes at the Dmax's expense when I was a Dodge boy. I'm only loyal to the brand I buy. I buy what I like, brand don't matter until I sign the papers.

LIKE A ROCK