My LLY should be delivered next week. Everything I've seen indicates that additional fuel filtration is almost mandatory if you plan on keeping your Duramax for a long time and don't want injector problems. I haven't seen anyone with info on the LLY injectors as to whether they are less prone to fuel cleanliness problems, or whether the new LLY filter is any better than the LB7 smaller one.
So, I'm down to either Kennedy's Mega or Racor pre-filter. I know that pre OEM doesn't make as much sense as post from a filtration standpoint, but I want a 2 micron filter that is easily changed and installed outside the engine compartment without lift pumps or other problems. Does anyone have the Mega mounted pre-OEM underneath on the frame? And with a 2 micron filter mounted pre-OEM - either Mega or Racor - what kind of reasonable service life can you expect before they get too dirty to restrict flow? Why doesn't someone make a OEM replacement 2 micron filter that I could change every 5,000 miles & just be done with it?