Thread: '03 Dependability advice please?

Bought a new '03 Silverado in March of '03. Duramax, crew cab, 4x4, LT on & on. Have only got 4200 miles on the thing and every time I take it to the dealer for service I get negative feedback from the tech. A guy I've dealt with for years. I've called a few other area dealers & talked to their service writers and get pretty much the same info.

Could somebody please dispense a little advice to a retired guy who'd like to keep a truck till he takes the "big dirt nap" without going to the poor house replacing fuel injectors, etc?

Many thanks for your time....

Ihave a 2003 and love it. I have had 1 injector replaced and have had no other problems. the truck does have somewhat of a strange viberation when loaded between 52 and 61 mph. But other than that I love it. IM also a Master tech at a dealer and would never tell my customers that kind of bs. Enjoy your truck and don't worry about what he says.
    Mike
    2007 CHEVY D/A. 4 DOOR AND 6 FOOT BED

poolman12 Guest

Enjoy your 2003 D/A. Had a 2002 & put 85,000 on it & it was great driving & mpg. only problem at 84,000 had to replace front sealed bearing on right front. Now have a 2005 D/A with 46,000 & no problems. Have a 2006 w/LBZ ordered. They start building 11/07/05 & nobody has said how long it takes to get it.
    Have a nice day!
    poolman

FJ40INTOW Guest

I bought my 03 in April. Passed 100K this week with NO problems.

jbplock Guest

Thumbs up

I bought my 03 D/A new in Oct 02 .. it had just came off the truck . Currently at 50K miles and no problems with the engine .. Love this truck ... However, I did have a few minor warranty repairs ... replaced leaking rear axel seals; Service 4WD Message

Hey Jbplock,
    I could not have said it better. What a great truck!
    Mike
    2007 CHEVY D/A. 4 DOOR AND 6 FOOT BED

Claven Guest

I picked up my 03 in Aug 02, first one I saw on the road, I've been running it with edge since the first week and have increased that to 500+ rwhp and I just reached 200,000 km with only 2 bad injectors (and transmission of course). Awsome truck, enjoy!

My 2003 as only 23,000 miles on it. However they have been mostly hard miles. I have the luxury of having a company car, however on my off time, I "use" the truck.

I've only had one issue like the a break light code come on, needed a reflash and the rest has been great with my stock truck.

My 2003 was a better truck than my 05 in every aspect, wish I would have kept it.
    2003 GMC 2500HD XC/LB/DA/4x2, Michelin LTX\'s pulling a 30\'LQ Sundowner.

JohnC Guest

I think if you drove it more you'd have less trouble. Currently you're at less than 2000 miles a year, if I read your post correctly. A trip or 2 each week, long enough to get it fully warmed for half an hour or so.