Thread: Fuel problem?

Went to the track last night looking to break into the 12's. Best previous runs were of 13.14 and 13.19 both at 104 mph. Last night I planned on upping the horsepower a little more and hoping for a better launch. The problem I encountered was the truck would buck horribly at the end of the track. I did feel a couple of bucks earlier on in the runs at the top of the lower gears. Has anybody encountered anything like this? No check engine light. The truck went a 13.17 @ 100 and 13.28 @ 97. The bucking killed my mph. I am thinking I either got a bad tank of fuel or have a partially clogged fuel filer or both. Any help would be appreciated.
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD<br /> 4X4 S/B D/A<br />1986 Buick Grand National<br />2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbocharged<br /> 225 HP, for now

Thumbs down

I am runing the Quad box on an LLY and mine has been cutting out (bucking) sounds like its poping the last day or so then last night it just died I checked the hand pump on the fuel filter and it had no pressure so I pumped and let the air out and it started back made it about a mile and it died again same thing. All of this was with a quarter tank of fuel so I changed the fuel filter and filled the tank and andded ceten booster seems fine now Has any one eles have this or something related to this happed? The truck has 17000 miles and the box has been on for 4 days.
    \'02 D-Max 2500 4x4 Ramair Hood,Escalade Dash,Super OJ-Fearing the Predator, 4\"ehx, 18\" wheels, Billet Grill, Duel SPA gauge, V-1 <br />(SOLD)

LanduytG Guest

Sounds to me that you are runningout of fuel. time for a lift pump.

Greg

has anyone had the problem of runing out of fuel on just a 90hp Quad box 18000 mile lly
    \'02 D-Max 2500 4x4 Ramair Hood,Escalade Dash,Super OJ-Fearing the Predator, 4\"ehx, 18\" wheels, Billet Grill, Duel SPA gauge, V-1 <br />(SOLD)

I was stacking the Quad 215 with the Hot Juice with attitude on level 4. I did have about a quarter tank of fuel. But I seem to remember I had about a quarter tank of fuel when I ran the 13.10's @ 104 mph a week earlier. When I was driving home that night I did feel a little hesitation right before it would make the 1-2 shift. I added a fuel additive to what was left in the tank and after a few miles I didn't feel that hesitation anymore. I filled up at a different station on Saturday and have driven over a 100 miles since and don't feel any kind of hesitations but I haven't really got on it hard yet. I have read on here that a couple of people are using a Holley fuel pump to keep the low pressure side stable. What is involved? Thanks.
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD<br /> 4X4 S/B D/A<br />1986 Buick Grand National<br />2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbocharged<br /> 225 HP, for now