Thread: Injector balance rate?

Does somebody know of a cheaper way to check the injector balance rates? I am interested in a tester or chip / tuner that will also do this.
    Rick Lance
    Over 1 million miles on my seven Duramax's

This also interests me. Another question I have is there a programmer like the Truspeed that plugs into the test port that can adjust shift points when adding bigger tires.
    2004 Duramax Crewcab short bed

mark45678 Guest

I know mac tools mentor has access to ballance rates! I have a buddy that lets me use it from time to time (it cost me beer for us) ! it only takes 5 mins to get the numbers , I would ask a local independat shop if they can help you out.... last thing day type thing ,I will bring some beer!

I have 3 trucks right now and I have found that checking them on a regular basis is best. I would like to do it every week.
    Rick Lance

OC_DMAX Guest

I use the Predator tuner to check the balance rates regularly. The Predator will also read OBDII codes and clear them. I have never used the actual performance tunes, just use it as a piece of test equipment. You might be able to find one on EBay or something like that. Once the unit is "married" to your truck, you cannot move it to another truck (performance tunes only). However, the diagnostic part of the unit will work on any truck.

Not sure if they have something for LLY trucks, but the Predator works on the LB7 just fine.

I have heard the new Predator is divorce-able. Have sent them an e-mail concerning this and balance rates. Thanks!
    Rick Lance