Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edge 4.61

Talking

Hi, new to the BB but have been reading just about everything posted. I have a neww 2003 Crewcab 3500 with the Duramax /Allison combo. My question is on the updated version of the edge box 4.61, have all prior issues been corrected such as "fishbite" stalling etc.. I'm ready to start doing my mods and was just looking for an update from prior posts. Thanks the site is great and very informative. Dave

Thumbs up

Bulldogger,

Yup it works Flawlessly - Just do yourself a favor and get the HOT Juice and a set of EGT/Boost guages.

Edge is awesome as far as service as I am sure the advertisers are on the DP.

Kennedy sells them and others.

Good Luck.

P.S. If and When you get it you will really have a hard time wiping the smile off your face

GMC
    <b>\'02 2500HD - 435 RWHP/774 LB-FT on #2 ONLY..<br />HOT Juice,VA Box,Predator,AFE Stage II,Banks 4\"<br />RS9000\'s,Deep Pan,H2\'s & Pro-Comp 33\"<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/gmc2002dmax\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a><br /><a href=\"mailto:gmc2002duramax@earthlink.net\">gmc20 02duramax@earthlink.net</a></b>

Thumbs up

have 4.61 and it has given excellent service over a wide range of conditions .... mine is hot but not super hot ... can highly recommend it ... Jim
    \'02 3500 CC HD 4X4 LT D/A, Charcoal Gray Metallic,Juice 4.61, Loaded from end to end and most places in between

I have had v4.61 for a couple of months and enjoyed every second. I have the HOT version and have not had any problems with the Allison going into limp mode. You will think you are driving a totally different truck!
    2002 2500HD Hot Juice 295/75/16 BFG AT<br />1987 K30 SRW 4wd 454ci

The Juice is SWEET.....

I am also running 4.61 HOT ,flawless is correct.....If you want to save your self some Dead Presidents and a kite flyer,latch on to a refurb while there still available......Once gone,they won't be back....You snooze you lose.....Same warranty as NEW !!!!!!!!

MAC

Home: Fort Worth, TX / Work: Athens, Alabama

Talking

Well, lemme tell you about Edge Products and Juice 4.61.
    I had been fighting all the reported problems with my truck and the earlier versions of the Juice, to the point that I just tossed the box, version 4.3, into the backseat and forgot about it for a while. Tuesday I get a notion to call and check what the latest version is, still 4.61. I asked about sending mine back for a re-program and nearly fell on the floor when Aaron VOLUNTEERED to immediately send me another box already programed to 4.61 "so I wouldn't be without it for too long". How's THAT for customer service!!! I was so flabergasted that I said No, then had to call right back to make sure what I heard and see if the offer still stood! Four days later, the Big Brown Truck drops a package into my hands and I had 4.61 plugged in before the driver was even out of site!
    It's a good thing I have an extended cab, my head would have bounced off the back glass otherwise! This version has all the problems fixed AND more power to boot! My '01 is a little more persnickedy than most, seems like I was the last one having problems, but not anymore!

Only problem is I have to disconnect it or set it to level 1 before I let the wife drive it, she'd kill herself!

..wait, lemme re-think that...

Get 4.61, it works.
    2001 D/A 4x4 LS 2500HD, Ext.Cab, Short Bed, Black / Graphite Leather, Rhino Liner, <br />Kennedy Headlight Booster and 100 watt brite-eyes!<br />Juice 4.61 - workin\' Real Good!<br /> Fumoto Drain Valve, Dee-Zee Black Guardian Running Boards<br />Rancho RS-9000X Shocks<br />Holy Airbox Batman! K & N Filter element. Big Rig Airhorns.<br />Screwdriver Antenna mounted on toolbox, ICOM IC-706, Kenwood VHF, APRS<br />Tekonsha Brake Controller, Nomad 2950 Home on Wheels<br />1980 KZ-1300, 1992 FJ600 Just for Fun!<br />2002 FLHTP-I For Serious Ridin\'

kerry witherspoon Guest

hey davy put insurance on wife and truck and let her use it

Well heck, there's always one, so I guess I'm it. The first version I bought, 4.XX was a dog. Except for the four rev confirmation,I couldn't even tell it was on. It would also occasionally stall. I called Kennedy Sales and they said send it back and we'll update it. So I got back V4.3X and HoLy CoW, I could not believe the power the thing had. The mid range was phenomenal. Only one thing, at a constant speed of about 47-48 M.P.H. it would turn on direct inject and just make a hellava racket. Once again I sent it back and got another one, this time a new 4.61 (John said the one I had couldn't take the new programing). There was also one more return but I can't remember the problem.
    Now I have this 4.61 and I have tried turning it off, then on, back to level 1, then level 4. Each time it gives me the confirmation, BUT it just doesn't have the power the early version had. In fact I can't tell much difference between off and on. Go Figure. Kennedy's are good people, and I'm not bashing Edge but it doesn't have the "Juice" it had.
    Herb
    2001 SLT DuraMax/Allison CC 4X4 SB White/Charcoal Valentine One, Bilsteins, Pendaliner, SPA Gauges Weatherguard mats, Kennedy headlight harness. Boston Accoustics speakers.Jordan Ultima. Edge Juice 4.61, Viper 790VX security w/remote start<p>2001 Sierra 3500 Duramax/Allison w/Knapheide service body.

Talking

I have to agree with all the others! This thing is GREAT!!! I got it for myself for x-mas and I still am smiling everytime I have to go somewhere. No problems at all. I have the HOT juice and it is incredible. I did have to tell them that I have a CA truck and they had to program the juice accordingly. When you get it you will see just how truly powerful this monster is!!
    02\' Charcoal Grey,CC,D/A,LB,2WD w/ 8\" CST suspension lift,37 x 12.5 BFG MUDs on 17 x 10 Weld EVO Velociti 8, \'Hot\' Juice,JL audio components and 2 10\" woofers,Line-X, Fumoto valve, Amsoil air filter, Viper 550ESP Alarm w/ Remote Start,Banks Monster Exhaust, Kennedy Headlight Harness , color matching denali door handles<br />View pics of truck at <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/riverholic\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/riverholic</a>

Thumbs up

I have had my juice 4.61(not hot) since early Nov. and I am completely satisfied. There were no problems at all. It gives me more power than I will ever need and is rock solid. Got it from JK and had great service.

Love it is all I can say....

another happy JK customer

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    2003 SLT Duramax CC/SB Carbon Metalic, Juice\'d, JK Light harness, HD sprayed box liner, J&J Millennium running boards, Fumoto valve, Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller, TFP Stainless door handle inserts, Michelin LT265/75R/16, combination Tool Box & Fuel tank(165L) with timed transfer flow, 2 Micron CAT Primery fuel filter, dndstarr@shaw.ca<p>PIC\"S <a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hx30/lst?.dir=/duramax\" target=\"_blank\">http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/hx30/lst?.dir=/duramax</a>

Cool

Great site have been member since September 2000, site was reason for buying d/a in 01. Spend hours reading not posting.
    Question on "HOT" Juice.
    Would have ordered refurb Juice from Kennedy but they were no longer on his site.
    Ordered "HOT" Juice from dealer in Oklaoma City it shows Version 4.61 but not any thing about being hot version, also my receipt doesn't say anything about being hot.
    Should I be concerned? Thanks Dura Mac
    06 D/A CC DUALY LT SUMMIT WHITE, LINE X, SS NERF BARS, REESE 16K SLIDER, PULLING 35' 5TH WHEEL WITH 22' PONTOON BEHIND.
    01 D/A CC SB LT SUMMIT WHITE, LINE X, SS NERF BARS, HOT JUICE, 4" JARDINE EXHAUST, REESE 16K SLIDER, K&N FILTER, PULLING 31' 5TH WHEEL WITH 22' PONTOON BEHIND, WV DURAMAX PLATE "SOLD"

Talking

DURA MAC,

Did you tell the poeple you wanted a 90HP or the 125HP??

90Hp is the Normal Edge Box
    125Hp is the Kick in the !!! Hot Juice!!! Eddge Box.. They look Identical on the outside.....

4.61 is just the software level..
    2004 Chevrolet 4x4 2500HD CC LB, LB7, AFE Intake, KD 5" Exhaust, KD Twin Lift pumps w/Billet Pickup, 6" Lift 35" MT on 20" ION Forged wheels.
    Sold to Dad> 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4, Crew Cab, LB, LT, LB7-Duramax Diesel/Allison 1000 Series, Autometer Boost/EGT Gauges, AFE Intake, KD 5" Exhaust, Edge w/Attitude, 285/75-16 Brigestone Dueler AT's, B&W Turnover Ball.
    Diesel Page member #330
    E-Mail SOVERCASH1@AOL.COM

DURA MAC

That is an excellent question,unfortunately......

Most here would probably tell you we have someone autograph on the bottom side with HOT written on it.....

That drives a nail into buying from a reputable dealer......

Not saying at all where you bought it may not be.....

I guess Edge could tell if they were given the serial number perhaps.....Assuming they loaded the HOT program at the reseller...This is probably the case ....Hopefully they just forgot to mark the Juice box.....Was it marked on the outside of the box by chance????

Good luck and let us know how you make out....

MAC

Wink

SteveO
    I ordered the hot version and paid for the hot version but my receipt only says duramax performance modul.
    It seems to have good power but with out having anything to compare with would be upset if paid for hot and recieved regular Dura Mac
    06 D/A CC DUALY LT SUMMIT WHITE, LINE X, SS NERF BARS, REESE 16K SLIDER, PULLING 35' 5TH WHEEL WITH 22' PONTOON BEHIND.
    01 D/A CC SB LT SUMMIT WHITE, LINE X, SS NERF BARS, HOT JUICE, 4" JARDINE EXHAUST, REESE 16K SLIDER, K&N FILTER, PULLING 31' 5TH WHEEL WITH 22' PONTOON BEHIND, WV DURAMAX PLATE "SOLD"

Duramac, There are refurbished Juice bowes 4.61 version available from Diesel injection service. They are 599.00 plus shipping for my area it was 6.00 bucks extra. Spoke to rep. from Edge and these boxes are all the ones sent back to be updated. They're fully inspected and are no different then new. Dave

Wink

Bulldogger
    I called Diesel Injection they didn't have "HOT" in refurbished units

Dura Mac

Question

What's the difference between HOT and SUPER HOT?
    2008 GMC Sierra SLE 2500 HD
    Z71 4x4 Extended cab long bed
    265/70/17 oem aluminum wheels
    6.0 gasser with 6L90 tranny

2007 Harley Davidson FXSTC
    Softtail Custom
    Too many mods to list

2005 Contender 25 Open
    Yamaha 200 HPDI's

Can the regular be upgraded to hot? If so how much extra is it?
    2002 GMC 2500HD D/A ext.cab L/B 4x4 SLE pewter<br /> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/wildbore101\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/wildbore101</a>

TraceF

A whole lot of fun "IF" it ever happens......

Dura Mac

You won't find a refurb in HOT.....Get a refurb have it upgraded if you chose.....

wild bore

Yup ... As can the refurbs.....Going rate is $300 over and above cost of regular Juice......Do it ,don't look back.....

MAC

you want be disappointed........with the juice or edge......nice additional punch with hot.....set normal in 90 hp and towhaul in 125 you can feel the difference and see it in the boost guage......... dave
    2002 CHEVY 2500HD CC SB D/A 4X4<br />COMP/JUICE 4.61 PREDATOR 1.04 <br />BANKS 4\"EXHAUST<br />SUNCOAST PROLOC TRIPLEDISC TORQUE CONVERTOR & CLUTCH PACK UPGRADE<br />AFE STAGE 2<br />POWERSHOT 2000 PROPANE INJECTION<br />DVGAMBLE@BELLSOUTH.NET