Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Fuel Filter Test Results

Racor- you the man!

<< 6) You state that a 10-mic pre-filter may be beneficial. I am using a Stanadyne 2-mic pre-filter that is clogging as soon as 2300 miles. It has a water bowl but has never had any water with the exception of a BB size droplet. The fuel in the bowl is very clean. There is a 5 and 10-mic element available for this head and bowl and I speculate it would probably go 10-12k miles which is my intended oem change interval with a 10-mic. Is this what you are suggesting as a possible benefit?

It sounds like you are plugging a little too soon, even for 2 micron. Find another diesel fuel station! A 10 micron will add some system life and let the OEM filter do some work. I'd rather you put a Racor on there of course. Our new 10 micron Aquabloc II is great stuff; very long life and 98% at 10 micron. >>

I don't understand why the bowl is so clean. I think the problem may have something to do with the media being so small. If you look in my pictures you can see that it is probably less than half the surface area of the oem.

Thank you for the reply.

PS- what series is the Aquabloc II filter in?

[ 03-12-2003: Message edited by: TraceF ]</p>
    2008 GMC Sierra SLE 2500 HD
    Z71 4x4 Extended cab long bed
    265/70/17 oem aluminum wheels
    6.0 gasser with 6L90 tranny

2007 Harley Davidson FXSTC
    Softtail Custom
    Too many mods to list

2005 Contender 25 Open
    Yamaha 200 HPDI's

Kennedy Guest

Arrow

OK, here's my take on a couple key issues:

Gunk

The "gunk" in the injectors is NOT fuel related. I've tried to emphasize this, as has Dmax-man. It appears when the lines are removed and the crap from between the line and nut is dislodged.

OEM hose:

It is soft and spongy, and OBVIOUSLY not rated for a whole lot of vacuum.

Cold weather fuel:

In cold climates, we run winterized #2 diesel. To winterize, vendors will cut with #1 diesel, and/or run additives. Either way, do NOT fill your truck up with #1. A 70/30 blend with a good additive will suffice in most any climate. If you are paranoid, and seeing double digits below 0

Talking

I must say that this thread is most informative. Many thanks to Kennedy, Trace, George, and Racor for your insite and expecially taking the time for posting!

Jim
    2003 GMC Duramax Crewcab

I copied and pasted what "Racor" said in here into a e-mail and sent it to the Engineer at Stanadyne that I have been dealing with. He totally agrees with everything "Racor" says.
    Todd Eldridge<br />2002 2500HD Crew 4x4 zf 6sp<br />Stanadyne FM-100 additional fuel filter<br />Flo-Pro Muffler<br />Summit White <br />Fender flares painted to match<br />GMC side molding<br />SS Nerf Bars<br />e-mail todd.eldridge@cnet.navy.mil