Thread: Kennedy 4 inch exhaust installed

Thumbs up

I just finished putting the exhaust on last night and I love it. I had no trouble installing it by myself in a couple hours. The sound is perfect, exactly how I wanted it. Not too loud either, you can just hear the exhaust note a bit when accelerating. When I cruise at 60 mph I can barely tell a difference over stock. I put my cell phone on speaker and set it on the center console and talked on it easily. I had planned on installing the muffler holes going toward the rear, but at the last minute I changed my mind and flipped it to make sure it was as quiet as possible. The angle the tailpipe exits looks great, too. It looks much better than the stock one. Now all I gotta do is get the juice installed.

4 inch pipes are on, went real smooth. I've read alot of other post where some are saying they felt no difference after they installed exaust???? All I can say is I sure feel a lot more throttle responce, and it seems to run through the gears faster. At first I though it might of been mind over matter or one of those foil doobies kennedy talked about, but after a 50 mile test drive and not being able to get foil lit I'm sold that the truck is performing better. JUICE NEXT!

[ 12-24-2003, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: max out ]
    03 GMC D/A ex cab short bed, AFE Stage 2 , kennedy 4 inch pipes.Juice attitude

Originally posted by max out:
    4 inch pipes are on, went real smooth. I've read alot of other post where some are saying they felt no difference after they installed exaust???? All I can say is I sure feel a lot more throttle responce, and it seems to run through the gears faster. At first I though it might of been mind over matter or one of those foil doobies kennedy talked about, but after a 50 mile test drive and not being able to get foil lit I'm sold that the truck is performing better. JUICE NEXT!
    I just installed the 90 hp juice today. Got it as an early Christmas present. It's awesome.

Is a muffler change the only thing one can do to end that flutter sound from 4 inch pipes, I'm happy with it because the responce is much better, but that fluttering sounds like a big block gasser with three plug wires removed.Would like to improve exuast note if possible.

Kennedy Guest

I believe that the fluttering sound has more to do with the firing order, AND the dual scroll of the turbo's exhaust housing. The only way to get rid of it is to cover it up with NOISE...

PS. I run my analog bag phone hands free also, and find that at highway speeds, the exhaust note is much less of a concern than the road/pavement noise or wind noise.

After installing my exhaust I have a sound that to me almmost sounds like a miss. The truck runs well and all injectors are within spec so I assume its just a diesel thing.
    2003 3500 LT, D/A, CrewCab, 4WD, Pendaliner, \"\"THE BUS\"\"<br /><br />lewis.hudson@adelphia.net

Lightbulb

That is the same thing I'm gettin, It's almost like you can feel the fluttering through the (gas) diesel pedal, but excelaration seems to be fine.I too hope it's a normal diesel thing. (sorry don't think my spelling is correct)