Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All diesel fuel treatment users.....?

Hoot
    Yes, the bottle in front of me FPPF TOTAL POWER states, blend 32oz with 250gal for summer mix, for winter mix, blend 32oz with 125gal,

MaD MaX
    Are you paying $20 for 2 / 8oz bottles????

If you are interrested in locating a FPPF supplier in your area here is the customer service e-mail address atucci@fppf.com

good luck
    GMC 2002 DURAMAX, SLT, EXCAB SHORT BOX 2500HD, 4X4, AUTO
    ACCESS TONNEAU COVER, 3" STAINLESS TUBE STEPS
    JORDAN BRAKE CONTROLLER
    34ft 10,000 lb TRAILER, 50 GAL TRANSFERE FLOW TANK (total 76 gals)

Well I've been waiting to see if ANYONE is using what I am using. So far, no one is. Makes me wonder if I am using the wrong stuff.
    I have been using Power Service PS supplement for the past 25K miles or so. I've been getting it at Tractor Supply. The stuff claims to prevent gelling, cleans injectors, increase power, lubricate inj. system, disperse water, yada yada.
    Do any of you "diesel fuel junkies" have any comments on this stuff??

Thanx, txguppy
    ‘01GMC SLE 4X4 2500HD E/C D/A Pewter/Pewter <br />Michelin LTX M/S<br />Steelhorse OEM running boards<br />Roll Top Cover<br />Hadley Air Horns<br />Weathertech Floor Mats<br />Line-Xed Ranch Hand Grill Guard Amsoil 2-Stage Air Filter<br />Phantom II Detector/Jammer, Fumoto, Amsoil Engine Oil<br />Transynd Tranny Oil<br />Underseat Storage Box<br />Rancho RS9000X Shocks

I've been using the PowerService stuff as well on both our diesels since new. In the summer I use the gray bottle (more cetane, no antigel), in the winter I use the white bottle (less cetane, but has antigel). I also blend soy diesel in my vehicles as well.
    2002 Chevy 2500HD D/A 4x4 Ext Cab<br />2000 VW Jetta TDI

Maverick - I can't really say, I have been using Howes ever since I was caught with Jelled fuel in the early 80's and I have had no fuel problems of any kind since, except for one tank full of dirt and water from a mom and pop. I have other rules also that help. (1) always buy fuel from a place that sells a lot of it (2) Keep your tank as full as possible at all times (3)change the fuel filter and carry a spare.
    2001 XCab LB 4WD D/A, Linex, <br />Roadmaster suspension, Hella horns, <br />ARE cap, Hayes running boards, Fumoto Valve

I use PS cause I can find it anywhere. And it does what it's supposed to. I can definately tell when I haven't been using it. Truck seems to have the same power, but is noisier (if you can believe that). I also lose about 1-2 mpg without the stuff. Hardly a justification of the cost, but I need the added lubricity. The other stuff is just gravy.
    There are other fuel treatments that are better (IMHO), but there is nothing wrong with PS at all. I use the white bottle all year long. I should switch to the grey during the summer, but I never do.

As for carrying a spare filter, that's excellent advice (I never thought to mention that before). If you go on a trip and get a load of bad fuel, then a spare filter will make getting on your way a much simpler task. Or if you do happen to gell your fuel, replacing the filter will almost be a must.
    \'99 2500 ISB QC SLT (No Leather!),4x4,5sp w/McLeod,4:10,BP8x11\'s,B-1,FMS,EZ,PE4200,LPG,H2O/CH4O,4\"exh.,Pac-Brake,OBA,more switches than you,Line-X,V-1,lts,siren,lic. plt. frm says \"<b><i>Diesel Fumes Make Me Horny!</i></b>\",and much more goofy stuff.

Jake99Z71 Guest

I have been using Schaeffer's SoyShield for 22K now. It quiets it down and improves fuel economy by at least 1mpg. It also helps the farmers out.

Tough Guy Guest

Thumbs up

Big thumbs up for Power Service...
    I use it every tank, love it, wouldn't go anywhere without it.

Check out Racor's additive at this link. Looks like it does everything Stanadyne does a lower price!!

http://www.parker.com/parkersql/defa...p?type=2&id=27

16oz. treats 320 gal. and it only cost $7.00 a bottle.
    Todd Eldridge<br />2002 2500HD Crew 4x4 zf 6sp<br />Stanadyne FM-100 additional fuel filter<br />Flo-Pro Muffler<br />Summit White <br />Fender flares painted to match<br />GMC side molding<br />SS Nerf Bars<br />e-mail todd.eldridge@cnet.navy.mil