Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racor fuel filter kit

Kennedy Guest

Originally posted by jeephauler:
    Pulled this off another BBS.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/Racor_2500HD.pdf

Looks like Racor finally got this kit togethor. I am still trying to find a seller.
    One of my GM technician contacts had a chance to talk to a GM field service engineer/rep or whatever the title. My contact is a Dmax owner, and is quite interested in this stuff.

Word is:

1) No official GM offering of ANY aux. fuel filtration. Not sure about GM official endorsement of any given product.

2) He (GM rep) thought if anything, the filtration system on the Dmax was coming up short in the water separation department.

The only person I can speak for (integrity and knowledge wise) in this is my technician contact who is VERY sharp on this stuff. Lack of communication abounds at GM it seems, but until we see an official policy (like the fuel additive one) anything else is pure speculation.

I'm not trying to start a debate here, just wanting to point out that there is no verified endorsement of any product that will give you a "free pass" on warranty issues.

I will also add that IMHO, any dealer that would balk (or deny warranty) when questioned about warranty implications when installing improved filtration should be reconsidered when your next purchase or service is needed.

LanduytG Guest

I have instruction available now in pdf format. They are here.
    Instructions

Greg