Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CB antenna

Some time back some one on this board istalled a CB antenna on the opposite side of the regular radio antenna. It had been installed through the cowl just like the radio antenna on their truck,it was such a nice clean intallation he even provided pictures of the install, at the time a CB antenna was low on my list and I did not save the info. guess what? It soared to the top of my list after buying a CB on sale at Camping World. Could one of you steer me to that post in history please? Thanks in advance. Stu

[ 03-02-2003: Message edited by: dmaxstu ]</p>
    2002 GMC 2500HD D/A. CC. LB. INDIGO BLUE <br />Custom Lining bedliner,Quick & Easy hitch receiver,Snugtop cap,Trailback running boards,135 Gal. Auxtank,Moryde RL suspension,Alison deep sump, Jordan Ultima 2020 brake controller.<br />26\'Sunnybrook 26CKS TT,<br /> Blue Ox equalizing hitch,2 Honda EU2000i generators in parallel. <br />25\'Bayliner Flying Bridge cruiser.

Arrow

A search for "CB" and "Antenna" will bring up some more info.

SoMnDuramax came up with the mount and idea. His Picture Trail photos are not there, so you may have to post directly to him.

I copied the idea. My pics are here:
    http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...370&uid=147085

I can email you the drawings for the correct dimensions to fab a mount.
    TxDoc's Photos
    Member #5547

TxDoc

Thanks for the prompt reply I would love to get that info. My e-mail address is hlbrsma@aol.com Thanks again. Stu

dmaxstu -- You've got mail.
    TxDoc's Photos
    Member #5547

I would also love to have a copy of your CB cowl mount drawings. Thanks
    Chevy 3500HD, Duramax/Allison, crew cab, light pewter, LT, Prodigy brake controller. (VA Lic # 03 DMAX) Current TT is 32 ft. Citation (looking for 5th wheel). First car was 1948 Chevy 2dr fleetline. Other previously owned Chevy\'s: 1959 Station wagon, 1969 Corvette, 1998 <br />conversion van. Currently own in addition to 3500HD: 1989 Chevy Sub. (1500), 1995 Chevy Sub.(1500), 1996 Tahoe, 1996 Chevy Sub.(2500),2003 Impala. (cdpva33@hotmail.com)

Vadmax2003

Forget about that 5th wheel Doc. Your TT weighs a ton less than an equivalent 5th wheel without all the windage. Instead go to www.aemfg.com and check out their Weight distributing hitch. Also www.jordanbrake.com can fix you up with a brake controller that's second to none. After that you'll think you're towing a 5th wheel and still have the bed of your truck available. I was a semi-trailer driver and I'll pull a TT anytime before a 5th wheel. In my signature check out my generator setup that's a winning setup as well.We boondock in the desert and it's like we're hooked to shore power. Stu
    2002 GMC 2500HD D/A. CC. LB. INDIGO BLUE <br />Custom Lining bedliner,Quick & Easy hitch receiver,Snugtop cap,Trailback running boards,135 Gal. Auxtank,Moryde RL suspension,Alison deep sump, Jordan Ultima 2020 brake controller.<br />26\'Sunnybrook 26CKS TT,<br /> Blue Ox equalizing hitch,2 Honda EU2000i generators in parallel. <br />25\'Bayliner Flying Bridge cruiser.

TxDoc

In my request for your plans for CB antenna mount I forgot to list my email address. It is cdpva33@hotmail.com. Thanks
    Chevy 3500HD, Duramax/Allison, crew cab, light pewter, LT, Prodigy brake controller. (VA Lic # 03 DMAX) Current TT is 32 ft. Citation (looking for 5th wheel). First car was 1948 Chevy 2dr fleetline. Other previously owned Chevy\'s: 1959 Station wagon, 1969 Corvette, 1998 <br />conversion van. Currently own in addition to 3500HD: 1989 Chevy Sub. (1500), 1995 Chevy Sub.(1500), 1996 Tahoe, 1996 Chevy Sub.(2500),2003 Impala. (cdpva33@hotmail.com)

dmaxstu

Thanks for the tip about the Blue Ox hitch. I had a pullrite on my 96 suburban and loved it. I had about 20,000 towing miles on it including a trip to Alaska in 2000. I could not find your generator set up in your signature. Perhaps you can point me there or email it to cdpva33@hotmail.com? Thanks!

TxDoc,

If you wouldn't mind sending me the the drawings/dimensions I would really appreciate it. I have a mount in my bed that I use when I have the camper shell off. During hunting season I use the camper shell and I hate using the magnetic mount. The info would be greatly appreciated.

e-mail allamerican1@ev1.net

Thanx

Mike
    2002 GMC DMAX 4X4, slt Ext cab, Short Bed, Summit White w/tan interior<br />Line X Bedliner<br />Westin SS Nerf Bars<br />Eagle Alloys w/Brigstone Duelers 285/75/16<br />4\" Diesel Dynamics Exhaust<br />Autometer Boost & Pyrometer<br />Amsoil Air Filter <br />Husky Liners and Mudflaps<br />GMC Underseat Storage<br />Kennedy head light Harness<br />Uniden CB<br />The Juice<br />Superlift Truespeed Speedo Recalibrator

Thumbs up

SoMnDMAX's cb antenna mount is terrific. The only issue that I had trying to build it was that I didn't have access to a welder. There ARE ways to make a bolt together unit if you are in the same boat that I was I haven't had any problems with my bolt together mount in 36,000 miles.
    '02 2500HD CC SB 4X4 D/A, Kennedy headlight kit, OilGuard bypass, Nicktane fuel filt, Pred 1.04, Autometer Ultra-Lites, ARE Z-Series, DX-959, KL203, Xferflow filler kit, Kennedy twin lift pump kit, Alpine CDE-HD137BT, JL Audio C2-650X Evolution Series speakers

Arrow

VaDmax and AllAmerican1 you've got mail....

If I can get out of work at a decent time tonight I'll see if I can get my pictures moved to a different hosting site.

Matt
    2003 Chevy 2500HD LT EC/SB D/A <br />Dark Gray, loaded..<br />Kennedy 4\" Exhaust, Headlight Harness, Access, Air Lift, Luverne, <br />Hot Juice, Mega Filter, more....<a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/somndmax\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a><br /><a href=\"mailto:somndmax@yahoo.com\">somndmax@yahoo. com</a>

Talking

SoMnDMAX,

That's still the slickest antenna monut I've seen for our trucks!! Thanks again for all the work you did designing it!
    '02 2500HD CC SB 4X4 D/A, Kennedy headlight kit, OilGuard bypass, Nicktane fuel filt, Pred 1.04, Autometer Ultra-Lites, ARE Z-Series, DX-959, KL203, Xferflow filler kit, Kennedy twin lift pump kit, Alpine CDE-HD137BT, JL Audio C2-650X Evolution Series speakers

That is a beautiful setup for the CB antenna.
    Would you be willing to send me a set of your diagrams and dimensions.
    Many thanks.
    Bruce
    brevam@hotmail.com

[ 03-03-2003: Message edited by: brevam ]</p>

if you could I would also like a copy of the drawings... thanks

Trent

Tsimpler@direcpc.com
    2002 GMC 4X4 Crew-Cab D/A Ranch-hand Headacke Rack, Juice Chip (WOW),K&N Filter W/Swiss cheese air box\"Straight Piped\", APC 100w Super White high beams W/Quad lights

Smile

Check your mail... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Matt

bob erickson

no worries... we have to stick together

I live south east of Albuquerque in the East Mountains
    Sorry no where near Cruces about 4hours between us

After I do mine I will let you know if I am willing to do it again.

Trent

Your e-mail address didnt come through on the e-mail.
    2002 GMC 4X4 Crew-Cab D/A Ranch-hand Headacke Rack, Juice Chip (WOW),K&N Filter W/Swiss cheese air box\"Straight Piped\", APC 100w Super White high beams W/Quad lights

I have my bracket all cut out ready to be welded but before welding it I decided to assemble it with small bolts and install it, that way I could adjust the rake of the antenna so it matched the regular radio antenna. There is a chance that the CB antenna could be pointed in a different direction than the radio antenna without such adjustment. That would not be cool. Thanks again guys for such a good idea. Stu

Question

Just out of curiosity, is anyone with their c.b. antenna mounted in this position running a linear???
    I was wondering if the antenna's close proximity to the e.c.m. caused any glitches.
    Tom
    03 GMC 2500 H/D C/C S/B D/A<br />03 Venture....wife\'s taxi<br />69 Camaro Pro Street/ N.M.C.A.<br />96 Caprice 9C1-not quite stock(for sale)<br />trex845@optonline.net

Thumbs up

SoMnDMAX,

Thanks for the work on the CB antenna mount. Can you please send me a copy of the plans? Also where are you from in Minn? I grew up in NE Iowa and my mother is from Austin, Minn.

Thanks,

Galen
    2003 Chevy Silverado, D/A, LB, Ext Cab, Overload springs, Rancho RSX 9000 shocks, Quickor Sway Bars Frt & Rr, Reese front reciever, Alpenlite Camper.

SoMnDMAX,

Sorry, forgot to add my email.
    gschne@aol.com
    Thanks
    2003 Chevy Silverado, D/A, LB, Ext Cab, Overload springs, Rancho RSX 9000 shocks, Quickor Sway Bars Frt & Rr, Reese front reciever, Alpenlite Camper.