Thread: Suggestions for Removing Safety Sticker from Sunshade

I just received the sunshades for a Suburban to retrofit into my truck. I want to get rid of the safety stickers or cover them over. What have other people done to get rid of these stickers?

Also, there is a lighted mirror in both sunshades. Is there a plug already in the overhead harness or do I have to run some new wires? Anyone who has done this, please let me know what the problems are.
    Thanks
    2002 GMC CC/SB, D/A, Pewter<br />Hot Juice 4.61, 4\" exhaust with 5\" resonator tip, 45 gal Transferflow tank, Wood dash & console, Escalade head rests, Escalade interior and exterior door handles, Electric locking tailgate, Putco ss tailgate, Pioneer DVD/Nav system<br />email: parussky@yahoo.com

Hey Rich, I don't know about the mirror question, but the safety stickers are pretty easy. Warm up the wifes iron, just warm! a few passes over the sticker and it should peel right off. There will still be a little imprint that won't go away, but the damn thing will be gone. I know we'll get flak for removing a "saftey sticker", but hey it's our truck [img]smile.gif[/img]
    '02 2500HD, LS, Ext Cab, LB, D/A combo, 4x4, Indigo Blue (the good lookin' blue), Graphite Interior/Buckets, just about every option but leather
    MAN ... I LOVE THIS THING!!

jbplock Guest

A heat gun might also work...

Rich,

The harness was there in my truck (01) all I had to do was pull the overhead console, find th4 harness (toward the driver) and plug it in.

Bob
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A, CC/SB,<br />Olympic White, *Manik SS brush guard and nerfs, *Hella driving lamps, Velvet rides, *HD Air Lifts and Compressor, *Snugtop bed cover, *Linex, *Yakima rails on cover (mt.bikes), *Amsoil 2 stage airfilter. *Pioneer XM Radio. *SUBSTANTIALLY upgraded speakers,<br />Amp and Sub. *One piece drive shaft. *Mag-Hytec diff.cover, <br />*43 gal across the bed aux.tank (American Tank), *Lucerix pwr / heated mirrors, *Allison deep pan and transyd, *Street Pilot III GPS. *Suburban-type lighted <br />double sun visors, homelink system,steering wheel stereo controls, *Kennedy

Thanks for the suggestions. Probably try the heat gun approach - on the old shades first.
    2002 GMC CC/SB, D/A, Pewter<br />Hot Juice 4.61, 4\" exhaust with 5\" resonator tip, 45 gal Transferflow tank, Wood dash & console, Escalade head rests, Escalade interior and exterior door handles, Electric locking tailgate, Putco ss tailgate, Pioneer DVD/Nav system<br />email: parussky@yahoo.com

Question

What model Suburban are the shades taken from? Do they have the extension on them?

Will they fit in the same holes as the factory shade?

Thanks,
    Jim Cobler<br />01 GMC Sierra CC 2500HD Short Bed, 2 WD,Duramax/Allison, frame mounted pre-filter, bed fuel tank with a re-circulating pump that draws from the botton of tank through a water separating/filter into other end of tank with return tubes.

Jim,
    Here's the part numbers for the light grey headliner:
    Sunshade 15750532 61.23
    Sunshade 15750533 63.56
    Plug (2) 15765713 6.52 ea

These sunshades are split so that you can put the larger part to the side and still have a sunshade for the front. In addition, they have a lighted mirror on each side.

They are standard in the Suburban. Don't know why GM can't put them in our topline trucks. Probably the same reason they put the cheap black handles on our trucks!!