Thread: Pullrite superglide 16K 5th wheel hitch

jcummins Guest

Yesterday I had to pound the handle out for the trailer to unhitch. Today after taking the head off, I've found torn welds on the head that has torque the head where the latch mechanism won't work. I'm suspect this occurred when I had to back out of a parking area due to low overhead and make a 90 degree turn while backing up. Had to take truck up over curb to do so. BUT, this shouldn't have been anything that the hitch could not take. Installer is to contact Pullrite, there is no reason to think at this point they won't make it good, but I'm a bit disappointed this hitch has done this. Anyone else experience any problems with this hitch?

J
    I've got the Reese 16k superslider and have had no problems with it. I can easily imagine that at 90 degree back over a curb could put enough stress on the head to mess it up, especially if you were adding power until the unit moved over the curb. They should make it good, of course, and offer you some advice on how to deal with such a situation in the future. I would be interested in the advise too.

Good luck,
    Bob
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A, CC/SB,<br />Olympic White, *Manik SS brush guard and nerfs, *Hella driving lamps, Velvet rides, *HD Air Lifts and Compressor, *Snugtop bed cover, *Linex, *Yakima rails on cover (mt.bikes), *Amsoil 2 stage airfilter. *Pioneer XM Radio. *SUBSTANTIALLY upgraded speakers,<br />Amp and Sub. *One piece drive shaft. *Mag-Hytec diff.cover, <br />*43 gal across the bed aux.tank (American Tank), *Lucerix pwr / heated mirrors, *Allison deep pan and transyd, *Street Pilot III GPS. *Suburban-type lighted <br />double sun visors, homelink system,steering wheel stereo controls, *Kennedy