Thread: Indigo Dually

Question

Question...How do like the Honda Rubicon?
    I am looking at a Foreman with Elec shift. but I have not spoken to anyone with a Rub.
    Are they nice?
    Not that much more than a foreman.
    Also, is there a web site for 4x4's?

Mark
    2007.5 GMC SLE 2500 HD LMM **SOLD**
    Owned 2006 GMC Sierra CC LLY/LBZ *2 not a D in SN* 214K Purchased 3/2010
    CC/SB/4x4 Summit White
    Owned a 2002 GMC CC LB7 CC sold with 135K
    Now 2015 GMC Crew Cab Duramax/Allison
    Custom Tool box

Cool

I like the Rubicon a lot. The fully auto is a nice feature along with the low range. I use it around the farm every day. I put hay out in the fields, pony horses with it, and I pull a 8'x8' chain harrow to condition my riding rings. I had a '95 Foreman 400 before this and it was great too. I really like the low range for dragging, the trans will shift through all of the gears and it's just a final drive reduction for more power. The drag is tough to pull, with my old Foreman I would have the cooling fan come on even in the dead of winter so I knew the machine was working. I never had any problems with that machine except for a bolt backing out in the trans, it was not an uncommon thing but not a recall. My extended warranty paid for itself that time.
    The only thing with the rubicon is it is "cold blooded", it's sometimes a little difficult to keep it running when first starting it when it's cold out. My others I could pull the choke, start it, and walk away. I have to monitor this one for a monitor it for a minute until it stabilizes then it's fine. There is a longer warm-up time to get the trans flowing before You should drive it.
    All in all I am pleased with it and would reccomend it. The only thing that I liked better with the new Foreman vs the Rubicon is the Trax-Lock, I like the idea of taking it out of 4wd but it's something else to go wrong.

John
    VOLUNTEER FIRECHIEF "Without COURAGE, all other virtues lose their meaning" Truck Info
    indigodually@hotmail.com
    Member # 7674
    Pulling many trailers including an '03 34' Montana 5'er adapted to G/N
    Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It...Then Sent It Back!