For truck built on or before '88 there is a conversion kit available from cummins to bolt thier engine right into a Chevy truck. I once called Cummins in Fort Worth and confermed this. My question is could I do this to my 89 c2500? The kit and the work doesn't bother me so much as the state inspection sticker they check for the converter, stove pipe and other such nonsence. I thought of just changeing my underhood sticker to reflect a 6.2 engine from the factory. From there what difference would haveing another diesel in it make? There sure are alot of believers in the 6.5 here so I was wondering what (I can't believe I am asking this) the best model year engine was for the 6.5? Mine, my friends and alot of other people I know were frying pistons in there '92 and '93s. How could this be prevented? Also what about other engines such as the bd1? isuzu. What brought all this up was when I came home a few minutes ago I stepped on the brake and my oil pressure went to 0 kinda started me thinking.