Thread: Ok guys here we go again........

well we were coming home over the weekend...the Allison decided it was going to say kaput...well not totally....what happended is....it feels like it's in a limp mode...but just seems lacking in power...it's not all the time....but irratic....it does it hot..and cold...more cold i think...than not.... once again....it has go to dealer...i'll find out friday what happens.....any ideas on what may have caused this....just had tranny replace in spring....so there is only like 12 or 14,000 on it....????any help would be appreciated....thanks Dieselpage....
    Diesel Page Memeber #5770<br />* M.A.D. Enterprises<br />* The Remote control car starters<br />* We put the comfort in your vehicle <br />* 2002 Ext. Cab Short Box 2500HD<br />* Duramax Diesel<br />* Allison Transmission<br />* Graphite Bucket Seats<br />* Heavy Duty Trailering<br />* G 80 Locking Differential<br />* Roof Marker Lamps<br />* Westin Nerf Bars<br />* Chevy Rubber Spalsh Guards<br />* ARE Topper<br />* Curt Gooseneck Hitch<br />* Drawtite Digital Brake Controller<br />* Autocommand Remote Starter<br />* Fedral Signal Remote Corner Strobes<br />* 55w Halogen Spot Back Up Lamps<br />* XM Satelite radio<br />* Firestone air rides<br /> <br />Pictures <a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/dmaxster&\" target=\"_blank\">pics[http://www.picturetrail.com/dmaxster]pics</a>4x4 and strobes<br />

First thing to check would be the NSBU and make sure its the updated tan switch, good dealer would have installed it with new trans..

If thats ok, then check the wiring in the TCM harness where it runs along the p/s return line clamp at the pump.. known rub point.

If thats not it, fill tank, head East across the fresh water pond until you get to Grand Rapids, let sit 1-2 days and return home happy
    2003 GMC Sierra 2500 HD CC Shorty
    Dyno Proven - 800 rwhp on fuel only.
    Trans to hold it and a big ol S400 turbo feeding it.

well guys...it's the MAF...sensor....so replace...or clean....it......
    Diesel Page Memeber #5770<br />* M.A.D. Enterprises<br />* The Remote control car starters<br />* We put the comfort in your vehicle <br />* 2002 Ext. Cab Short Box 2500HD<br />* Duramax Diesel<br />* Allison Transmission<br />* Graphite Bucket Seats<br />* Heavy Duty Trailering<br />* G 80 Locking Differential<br />* Roof Marker Lamps<br />* Westin Nerf Bars<br />* Chevy Rubber Spalsh Guards<br />* ARE Topper<br />* Curt Gooseneck Hitch<br />* Drawtite Digital Brake Controller<br />* Autocommand Remote Starter<br />* Fedral Signal Remote Corner Strobes<br />* 55w Halogen Spot Back Up Lamps<br />* XM Satelite radio<br />* Firestone air rides<br /> <br />Pictures <a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/dmaxster&\" target=\"_blank\">pics[http://www.picturetrail.com/dmaxster]pics</a>4x4 and strobes<br />

D,

Clean it first. Remove carefully, watch the wires inside. You'll need a security wrench(ALLEN wrench with a hole in the middle of it) to get it off. Put some 90% denatured alchol (not 70% -- too much oil) in a good strong baggie and swish is around for a couple of minutes. Let it dry completely and reinstall. They don't go bad often so it might just be dirty (especially if you run an oiled air filter).

Good luck,
    Bob
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A, CC/SB,<br />Olympic White, *Manik SS brush guard and nerfs, *Hella driving lamps, Velvet rides, *HD Air Lifts and Compressor, *Snugtop bed cover, *Linex, *Yakima rails on cover (mt.bikes), *Amsoil 2 stage airfilter. *Pioneer XM Radio. *SUBSTANTIALLY upgraded speakers,<br />Amp and Sub. *One piece drive shaft. *Mag-Hytec diff.cover, <br />*43 gal across the bed aux.tank (American Tank), *Lucerix pwr / heated mirrors, *Allison deep pan and transyd, *Street Pilot III GPS. *Suburban-type lighted <br />double sun visors, homelink system,steering wheel stereo controls, *Kennedy

What does MAS stand for, and exactly where is it located, and what does it do???

thanks for any input.

good luck
    GMC 2002 DURAMAX, SLT, EXCAB SHORT BOX 2500HD, 4X4, AUTO
    ACCESS TONNEAU COVER, 3" STAINLESS TUBE STEPS
    JORDAN BRAKE CONTROLLER
    34ft 10,000 lb TRAILER, 50 GAL TRANSFERE FLOW TANK (total 76 gals)

MAF - Mass Airflow Sensor
    Located next to air box in the intake duct.
    Measures airflow, relayed to ECM.

Ty
    2003 GMC 2500HD SLE EC SB D/A<br />ts587@yahoo.com

Plastic safe electronic contact cleaner works and you should be able to clean it by opening the air box and sprying it down. let it dry for a few minutes and you're all set. I've seen it done on gassers, it should work just as good for this app.

TJ
    03 GMC Sierra 2500HD D/A CC SB

yup...guys cleaned as per instruction....on search page for MAF sensor.... [img]smile.gif[/img] now works good as new..... all I have to say....is &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Thanks dieselpage...... [img]tongue.gif[/img] stealer wanted to have 150 bucks for this sensor... [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] I told them there nuts....they told me....had to be replaced...i told them after I said....i will clean it....they said that doesn't work...well Monday Morning...I am calling to tell them...it works...LMAO...at parts guy.... dmaxster