Thread: BED NOT STRAIGHT?

Question

I have 2004 GMC,crewcab,shortbed,4x4,diesel. I noticed that when I look at the back of the truck from about 20 or so feet back, and line the driver's side bed rail up with the truck cab the bed seems to be more to the right or the passenger's side. If you line up the bed with the right side or the passenger's side it seems to be straight. I measured the bed and it's square and the bed is sitting on the middle of the frame. I looked at some other trucks like mine and they all seem to be off too. Is this just an optical ollusion or are the body panels stamped bad? All the trucks I have looked at thus far all seem to be off on the driver's side. I have looked at chevy's and GMC and it would appear their all the same. I have pointed this out to other people and they have noticed it too. If you have a truck like mine check it out! Please let me know what might be causing this. THANKS!

same problem here. Guess someone cant read a ruler!!
    2004 Chevy Silverado LT Crew Dually 4x4 D/A LB7 Arrival Blue. <br />J+J Millenium Running Boards<br />Putco Stainless Rear Flaps<br />Juice w/attitude (Kennedy)<br />Weathertech Window Vents<br />2004 Fisher EZV Plow<br />2002 Daewoo 1550 XL Skidsteer

I had a 2001 with the bed and cab mis-aligned,just loosened bolts under bed(8 I believe)and lined it up.Not hard at all.
    2002 GMC D/A ext. cab,built 01-02