Thread: Transmission Filter Magnet

Angry

Anybody know where I can get a replacement Allison tranny filter magnet? I cahanged my filter today and there was no magnet.
    2002 GMC 3500, Extended Cab, SLE, Storm Gray, Duramax, Allison, 4x4, AMS-Oil Air Filter, Line-X spray-in liner, PaceEdwards rolltop cover, XM Radio, Reese 16K 5th Wheel Hitch, Lucerix Trailering Mirrors (soon to have TTT Mirrors)<p>Pulling a Kountry Star 30RKCL<p><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/29000596SajNJGBIml\" target=\"_blank\"><b> My Truck and Trailer </b></a>

Allison parts supplier or your GM dealer .....

Are your sure it wasn't stuck to the threads up high near the housing ???

Mac

Idle_Chatter Guest

Exclamation

Definitely DO NOT go to the dealer!! I had my first magnet thrown away (didn't know it was there to tell the quicklube jockey not to trash it with the filter). Dealer wanted $29.00 and a week to replace. Got it from an Allison dealer for $1.98. Go to Allison.

Get this.
    My stealer trashed my mag the frist change. I did not know it untill I changed it myself 15k later. When I approched the stealer about it the next time I had it in for some warranty work, they put some kind of broken magnet parts on the engine oil filter. I give up!
    I guess they are still trying to find out the diffrence between the engine and trans filters!
    2001 Chevy 2500HD LT D/A, 4X4 Crew Cab 265 75R 16 Michelin LTX M/S Luverne SS boards, Isspro EGT & Boost, AFE stage 2. Quadzilla tow tuner, Mobil 1 front to back. (TOTALED 06/07)

1995 2500 x-cab 6.5 TD, Pinnacle Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 intake.