Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free 7 Brand New Tires (Compliments Of GM)

Thumbs up

Went to buy a new set of tires from Tire Rack & when I gave them the tire size & load range they said something was wrong.All duellys come with a E range tire & not a D range.Well,mine has a D range tire that came from the factory.Called GM & they said I was right about the range load tire thats on it.Next they call the dealer were I purchased the truck & sure enough it has the wrong tire rating on it.Next thing the dealer tells me to bring it in next week for a new replacement on all 7 tires.Brand new Goodyear With the right Range tire which is the E & not the D.All you guys out there go check & make sure you have the E-Range tires & not the D range.If its wrong take it back to your dealer & make them put the right tires on it.Mine is going in on Monday no question asked for the replacement.Bene running these tires ever since I got the truck new last year.The tires that are on it will need replacing by October anyway.Gonna save me at least $1000 by discovering the mistake they made.Thanks to Tire Rack I would have known anything about the range listing.Hammer [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    [URL=http://2001 3500 LS Extended Cab D/A ,Running Boards.Tool Box,Window Shades,Bug Deflector,20K Reese Fifth Wheel Hitch,K&N Air Filter,Running Board Lights,Blue Grill Lights.Chrome Tailpipe Extension,Computered Trailer Brake System, Pulling 2001 Travel Supreme Exspress 36 Ft. Tri-Axle fully loaded.<br />Total Weight-26,500

Timberline Guest

I just went out and checked mine and it has the Load Range "D" tires on it. Looks like I am going to stop by my dealer tomorrow and see what they will do.

i just called my gm dealer and they said load range d's come on these trucks, my 2002 3500 has d's also
    2- 2002, 3500 cc 4x2 duramax/allisions lt 1-black 1- red ,juiced,westin tubes, husky mudflaps,custom made air scoop for allision trans,

Well my duelly has D range tires too. Hammer, who and where did you call to get this info???

I just checked my window sticker. The tires were listed as being LT215/85R16D. I assume this means it's a D range tire per the sticker. The truck does have D range on it.

I don't understand this. If the truck is supposed to have had E range tires on it why did they list the D range on the sticker??

[ 08-02-2002: Message edited by: FirstDiesel ]</p>

To All who have 3500s,Read my forum & youll see how it was discovered.Also my dealer said there was a memo on this senerio a while back.All duellys are suppose to come with the E-range rating & not the D range.Just the 2500s have the d-range.The d-range isnt sufficent enough for the load rating on the 3500s.This just involves the 3500s,not the 2500s.I dont know about the 2002 models but I do know mine is involved in this case.I have a 2001. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    [URL=http://2001 3500 LS Extended Cab D/A ,Running Boards.Tool Box,Window Shades,Bug Deflector,20K Reese Fifth Wheel Hitch,K&N Air Filter,Running Board Lights,Blue Grill Lights.Chrome Tailpipe Extension,Computered Trailer Brake System, Pulling 2001 Travel Supreme Exspress 36 Ft. Tri-Axle fully loaded.<br />Total Weight-26,500

DAM'IT I got "E'S", eight of them,two brand new from spares to nab the steel rims...... How come I never get nuttin for free? WAAAAAAAA

WTF

MAC

Goodyear Wrangler S/R
    215/85QR16 D
    2335lbs.
    65psi

215/85QR16 E
    2680lbs.
    80psi

Hammer

You said you called GM and they confirmed this. Where did you call??

I have no faith that my dealer is going to know this. If I could have something to take to them from GM it would be a lot easier.

When I called my dealer the service manager said he remembers a memo on this tire situation. Call GM at 1-800-222-1020 & they will look up your ID no. on the truck.This will tell them what your truck came with when you ordered it.( Its the VIN no. you need,they have it on record.Mine said my truck shoulda had E-range tires from the factory but it hasnt.Its got D-range so there gonna swap them for me cause its on record for the E-range which I never got.Hammer [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Guys HAMMER is correct had FOUR GM DUALLY'S (88,93,98,01)never ,never came with less then an "E" rated tire......Tell your dealer to replace or their responsible.....

MAC

[ 08-02-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Mackin,I just got lucky & dicovered this through Tire Rack.If ya got the window sticker yet off the truck itll tell ya to what the truck came with as far as tires.Or you can call GM & they can look it up & tell ya whats listed on the truck.I think mine was one of the first being built after the switch from 2500s to 3500s & they were use to using the D-range on them & mistakenly put the wrong ones on mine.Hammer [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks guys. Guess I'm calling GM monday morning. I thought it was funny that this truck had D range tires. Seemed a little lightweight to me.

hammer

I don't know who you've been getting your info from, but it isn't correct.

The D rated tires are fine for the 3500's. The weight rating well exceeds the capacity of the axles. They are NOT rated high enough for the 2500HD's (In OEM size). The reason is the DRW/SRW configuration. FYI: The front axle rating is the same for both the 2500HD and the 3500.

My bet is that your dealer will not replace your tires. If they do, I may be moving to your area soon.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

hammer ,

I'm crying the BLUES... I got "E'S"(their in my basement BIG FAT E right on them) and so says my Window Sticker.......

SOB I got to pay for everything......WAAAAAA LOL

I got more tires for that truck.....Four-teen ........

MAC

DMax Maveric,Mine are getting changed Mon. mournin at 8:30.215/85-R16 E-range rated NOT THE D-Range RATED TIRE THATS ON IT.The reason is because the E-rated tire is on my window sticker & listed on my records with my VIN at GM.,NOT THE D-RANGE which is on the truck now.Hammer [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

DmaxMaverick,

I have never seen a "D" rated tire on a dually,and I've seen alot....

Right off the tires "E" single=&gt;2680
    Dual=&gt;2470

They go down in class when in Dual wheel application......i'll take a PIC if ya want..... Get new tires BOYS......

MAC

HAMMER, welcome your new neighbor ...... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 08-02-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Okay

I'm on the phone right now waiting for an answer.

My tires are definetly D range and my window sticker says D also.

GM tells me at the 800 number that they nothing about it and that I need to take it up with the dealer.

hammer, if you can get me any more info from the dealer about this, memo name/number/date, I'd appreciate it.

DmaxMaverick

If this was the case why did Mackin's truck come with E's?? and hammer's and mine didn't?

Mackin,If I just would have discovered this sooner I would of posted it.Sorry for the loss to you.I wasnt even aware of it till I called Tire Rack. There the ones that told me to contact GM & I did & got a new set of 7 tires which go on the truck Mon.Hammer [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

I wonder if I'm screwed on this. Hammer, you say your sticker says E range. Mine says D range!! Wonder if they derated the tires on 2002s??

Anyone else out there with a 2002 that can check the tires and the sticker.

BTW, how did you get GM to check the vin?? The guy I spoke to took my vin but never said anything about what the truck was supposed to have on it.

First Diesel,Tell em to look up your vin no. & check on the tire rating that is on your records for the truck.I had no trouble at all getting the Imfo on mine.In fact they called me back to verify that it had the wrong rated tires & they even called my dealer,the dealer even called me back within a half hour & varified it & set the appoint. for Mon. mournin for 7 new ones no guestions asked.If you still got the original window sticker thatll tell ya too.

hammer

My sticker says D range tires. Wonder if I'm screwed here and have to live with a lesser rated tire. I have a 2002 and maybe they cheapened the tire.