Thread: Strange noise 01 hd

I am getting a weird noise on my 01 HD -
    Sounds like heavy rain hitting my windshied at speeds over 40 mph. It is coming from the drivers side, Lower windhield/dashboard area. I checked for blowing leaves & debris can't seem to find it.

Any one else run across this? Got me mystified.

Mike S
    2001 LT extended LWB 2500hd 4x4 - Duramax/Allison- Black w/ graphite leather -<br />ARE Cap - Ruff racks safari rack --Whelen safety strobes -westin nerf -Linex - Tekonsha sentinal -Wet okole seat covers - Westin brush guard , Piaa Drivers.. Xenarc HIDs & Kemnedy Light harness.. Jotto Computer desk, Crappy delco radio <br /> member #6330<br />Photos - <br />http://photos.yahoo.com/mps007

Sounds like the windshield molding. Mine did it when new and was easily corrected with double sided tape. I had the windshield replaced since, and used a small bead of sealer to reseal it. If you have a hood deflector or plow, it can get worse.

The molding is easy to remove. Open the door and you will see a row of screws that hold it in place. Remove the screws. Use double sided tape or a small amount of silicone between the molding and glass to stick the molding to the glass and the noise will go away. Cheers
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Cool

Take a look at the rubber flap in the corner of the hood just below the left corner of your windshield. It makes such a noise at times.
    (No known fix)

[ 01-04-2003: Message edited by: Jackmchome ]</p>
    2007 Classic 3500HD srw 4x4 D-Max, Ally, Reg cab, LB

my guess is also the hood hinge rubber flap...my 01 has had that noise from day one...03 does not...so far. drives you nuts at first then just like the "tick" you dont even notice it. poor engineering!
    \'03 GMC DMax/Ally 4x4 Crew, Jet black, Factory dual alts, ARE Z-series cap, Jotto desk, Pentium Powered, Lots on the way...933 miles 1.5 weeks old! I\'ll give GM one last try...<p>\'01 2500 DMax 4x4 xcab, JET BLACK! Chipped, straight piped, 265 Wrangler MTR, stainless nerfs, Lund deflectors, Polished aluminum American Racing rims/stainless caps and lugs, Bedslide, Line-X, Powervision, Advanced Cover, 3000 watt power inverter, 4 corner strobe kit, Jotto Desk computer stand with 1gig Dell Inspiron laptop/docking station with CDRW/DVD and Voice activated GPS and Color printer. Lots still to go. - Gm is buying this truck back...Lawyer is now fighting with GM...new chevy front end is hideous!<p>\'99 Powerstroke-103k abusive miles with no problems. Truck is sold!<p>1990 Carrera 2 Cab black of course, Koni/Eibach adjustable suspension, Zimmerman vented rotors with racing pads, \"cup\" style airbox mod, harness bar with video camera mount. very fun track/street car.<p>\'01 Volvo XC-wifes\' truck-not bad for a go-go-grocery getter.<p>PULL MORE, GO FASTER!

mps007,

I put my money on&gt;&gt;&gt;

Rubber Hood Hinge Flap. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mine&gt;&gt; Cut/drill to small holes toward the end and install small wire tie (Zip Tie [img]smile.gif[/img] ) around hood hinge and through the two hole in Flap...
    2004 Chevrolet 4x4 2500HD CC LB, LB7, AFE Intake, KD 5" Exhaust, KD Twin Lift pumps w/Billet Pickup, 6" Lift 35" MT on 20" ION Forged wheels.
    Sold to Dad> 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4, Crew Cab, LB, LT, LB7-Duramax Diesel/Allison 1000 Series, Autometer Boost/EGT Gauges, AFE Intake, KD 5" Exhaust, Edge w/Attitude, 285/75-16 Brigestone Dueler AT's, B&W Turnover Ball.
    Diesel Page member #330
    E-Mail SOVERCASH1@AOL.COM