Anyone who used JB Weld on the transfer case, I'd like to know how long you've been running like that and how long do you think that fix will last?

I spotted a leak on the garage floor and started watching it for a while and finally last week-end found the wear thru hole about say 1/8" wide and 1/8" long. Needed to use the truck, so I went for the JB weld fix. I bought the one that said it's good to 600 degrees F. so I know it won't turn loose because of heat. I cleaned the area with denatured Alcohol and use an old tooth brush on my electrice tooth brush. Kept reapplying the Alcohol while running the tooth brush over the area till it was nice and shiny. I then took a dime and ground it across to where it would fit in the area, thinking it would supply some reinforcement in the long direction of the dime agaist where the oil pump tab was wearing thru. I stuck it on with the JB weld and then apply liberal amounts of JB weld to fill in the area and let it sit up for 24 hours. You have to know it's there to even see it, it looks really good. The tensil strength of the JB weld is shown as 3600 lbs. so it should hold the dime in place and seal the hole, I think for a long time. I'll continue to run it that way until I'm sure it will hold up under heat up and cool down cycles. I don't know off the top of my head what the coeffecent of thermal expansion difference between the steel repair and the magnesium case is that's the unknown factor for me. Gonna have to look that up. If it will stand a few million cycles without failure, then I'll probably let Kennedy put one of his inserts in there and really know I've solved the problem. Again has anyone had a failure of the JB Weld fix? What epoxy is GM using on those replacement items?