Thread: Tap Tap Tap from air box under dash

Question

93 k1500 Suburban 4x4

Pulled up to the shop last night & shut it down & when I did a funny little man I guess started pecking with his tack hammer inside the air box down under the dash. He pecked abt 12 - 15 times & then shut up.
    Decided to crank it back up & repeat of the same nonsense.
    Don't see tho how to get into the thing. 184kmi.
    Is this going tobe serious? This AM, same thing every time it is cranked or shut down?

Thanx, Gben
    02 GMC 2500HD D/A CC4x4-DP\'s Modified HiIdle-JK\'s 5th Gear Lockout-CntrlCaDmax Stanadyne system-Cat 2mic Filter <br />99 Chv Tahoe 4x4 5.7 <br />93 GMC Sub 4x4 5.7 <br />genbenz@starband.net <br />Every 5Mins Americans Defends themselves With What? Click! Click!

Could it be the fan motor? I've heard them make that noise before? Good luck.
    John
    83 K-20 8600 GVW, NA 6.2 \"J\", T-400, New interior, 2.5\" lift, 33X12.50X16.5, 3\" Dual Exhaust, AmsOil Dual Stage Air Filter, Lots More!!! FOR SALE!!! robertsonthego at msn dot com

Thanx fool,
    For the reply.

It turned out tobe A little actuator behind the fan motor that opens & closes the air shutoff door.
    The teeth on the gears inside the thing were skipping causing the door to keep slamming closed or open. Got one ordered, said it was not expensive. He is not a dealer shop however.

Thanx agn, Gben [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    02 GMC 2500HD D/A CC4x4-DP\'s Modified HiIdle-JK\'s 5th Gear Lockout-CntrlCaDmax Stanadyne system-Cat 2mic Filter <br />99 Chv Tahoe 4x4 5.7 <br />93 GMC Sub 4x4 5.7 <br />genbenz@starband.net <br />Every 5Mins Americans Defends themselves With What? Click! Click!