Thread: Best Shocks For A 3/4 Ton Suburban?

The $8 shocks got me through inspection OK, but the ride stinks, and I'm looking to replace them with something better.

I see that LMC lists Bilstein gas shocks for $70/corner, what's worked best for you?

TIA,

--Duncan
    84 GMC C15 6.2, 91 Suburban R2500, 6.2, 4L80E, 92 MB 300D

"Best" is always such a subjective term. But you can't go wrong with Bilstein's. Last go 'round with shocks on my 3/4 Sub - I got top of the line whatever NAPA had listed for mine - and I'm happy with them. I like my ride a little firm - and they've worked well for both unloaded and trailering. If I recall correctly, the shocks came to about $80 per.
    \'95 \'Burb 2500 4WD, 3\" exhaust, Eagle Alloys, Heath Balance Flow and 21\" 9 blade fan plus driver cooling mods, Heath PMD Isolater, plus ISSPRO Pyro and boost gauges waiting to be installed - 199K miles and counting - Towing Moosenstein - the locked and loaded trail Jeepster Commando.

Kennedy Guest

Bilsteins have produced the best results for me and run $260 for a set of 4 shipping included for online orders.

MTTwister Guest

That's $65 ea to your door, for those of you in Rio Linda. [img]smile.gif[/img]