Thread: hydroboost delay

Question

Everyonce in a while I have to slam on the brakes to avoid the guy in front of me and the pedal sinks way low and I keep on rolling. Then after a second the brakes come on strong and I breathe again. It seems to happen when I havent used the brakes in a while or when I've coasted to match traffic flow. After I've used the brakes things are good and again and the pedal feels normal. Is this just a hydroboost thing? Should I change the PS fluid (or pump)?
    99 Tahoe 6.5L 4x4 2DR<br />Turbo-master, VDO Boost gauge Ceramic Flowmaster DP & Xover<br />JK 3.5\" exhaust<br />Warrantied IP/PMD @ 37K;87K<br />Clifford RSX1.5

Sounds like more of a master cylinder problem, or air in the lines. The cheapest thing to try is bleeding the brakes. That does not sound like a problem with the booster.
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer...new 6.5 in process...diamond block, 18:1's, other goodies...

Sloppy bearings can push the pistons in, making the first application simply a 'pump-up'.

Calipers that fail to float can do this too.

Start with the bleed, as advised..
    1996 K1500 6.5, 1984 K5 6.2 Banks both \"Stock\" (tilting hand side-side like Sammy Davis in Cannonball Run)<br /><br />Got Boost?