Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: October 11, 2003 Be there, Michigan

Ok,

Since it looks like it's time for proof of existance pic (ugly ones) and deer in MI (and since I learned how to post these things .. here goes

Come on Mich folks, get signed up!

Mark
    2002 GMC 3500 Sierra, CC, D/A, 4x4<br />Custom Monotone Pewter<br /><br />Updates:<br />Husky Mats & Flaps, Amsoil Air Filter - KD, Ultimat Dashmat, WeatherTech Visors, Better Built Tool Box

Mark,you gonna make it ?
    2003 GMC Sierra 2500 HD CC Shorty
    Dyno Proven - 800 rwhp on fuel only.
    Trans to hold it and a big ol S400 turbo feeding it.

I'll be there!!!! Been talking 'bout the bow hunting plans, looks like it shouldn't be any problems.

Mark
    2002 GMC 3500 Sierra, CC, D/A, 4x4<br />Custom Monotone Pewter<br /><br />Updates:<br />Husky Mats & Flaps, Amsoil Air Filter - KD, Ultimat Dashmat, WeatherTech Visors, Better Built Tool Box

YZF1R Guest

Looks like we'll be able to make it!

Steve

Lodging news...

I have arranged a special discount rate for those who are traveling distance for the GTG.

Sleep Inn has agreed to give a discounted rate of $62.00 per night. The hotel is located just 1.5 miles from event sight. I have rooms reserved for both Oct 10 and 11. Hotel has a pool, jacuzzi, continental breakfast and has just been built so its nice and clean. To make a reservation, call the desk at 1-616-975-9000. Be sure to mention Todd Wenzel Event to get the special pricing. The cutoff date for our block of rooms is Sep 25th, so please try and reserve before then..

Any place nearby to park a 5th?? I'd rather drag the portable home along
    03 2500HD LT D/A CC SB 4x4. Allison Deep Pan&Transynd,Airlift AirBags,Fumoto,Husky Mats,Mudflaps,Bugshield,Line-X,Access Cover,Tranferflow Tank, Racor 2mic Filter PreOEM,PullRite Superglide Hitch,Prodigy Brake Controller. 30\' Prowler Regal 5\'er.

Originally posted by VFRRider:
    Any place nearby to park a 5th?? I'd rather drag the portable home along
    There are lots of places in the area. I will have to find one that may give some special pricing...Heck, if worse comes to worse, you can park in the lot here at the dealer, we have water and power for ya.

Update---

DHRA will be represented. I have talked with Eric McBride and he is sending some stuff with the folks bringin up the Dyno, who happens to be the division II head. Autometer has agreed to donate some stuff.. Gonna put the Scheaffer oil guy to the test, he wants to prove his products on the Dyno. Guys, I am warning ya,, you dont want to miss this event.. Its the Rendevous of the East! I hate to have to tell you all how it went instead of showing you first hand.. Email me your snail mail address to get on the mailin list for the flyers.

[ 08-27-2003, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: dmaxalliTech ]

Thumbs up

Count me in!! I am looking forward to see some of the fast D-maxes out there, and meet some of the guys face to face, and it sounds like a great event. I can't wait.

Jason

[ 08-28-2003, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Forced Induction ]
    69 Chevy C-10 P/U, Supercharged 355cid, 1.66 60\' 12.25@106<br />68 Firebird, 355cid 12.50@107<br />2002 GMC 4x4 2500HD SLT D/A Ext.cab/short bed Polo Green, Arma Lined<br /><br />16.32@81 K&N <br />14.84@89.8 w/ Cold Juice(4wd)<br />14.78@92.5 w/ Cold Juice(2wd)Union Grove

mtomac Guest

If enough people are interested maybe we could start things off Friday night with some test-n-tune dragracing at Stanton or Martin.

I plan on being there Friday afternoon. It would be nice to meet the Guys I'm chattin with.

Are most of the Guy's rooming at the Sleep Inn, or are some rooming elsewhere?
    02 Chev 2500HD Dmax/Allison X Cab LB 4WD
    Attitude, Monster Exhaust with Big Head, Michelin 265/75/16E LTX M/S on Alcoa Classics for summer hauling, Cooper Discover 238/85/16E M/S on PYO's for winter, B&W Goose Hitch with Companion 5th Wheel, Highway Products Tool Chest, Jordan Ultima 2020, Frederico sway bars front & rear, Air Lift SD Bags

Originally posted by Modified:
    Are most of the Guy's rooming at the Sleep Inn, or are some rooming elsewhere?
    The Sleep Inn is the "official" hotel for the event and I have arranged with them special rates for event attendee's. I hope everyone that needs lodging will take advantage of the deal. I am working to find a camp ground that is willing to deal for those with rv's.

I have lined up a few more people to show there ware's. The local paintless dent repair guy is gonna be on hand, he is first class and does very good work.

Kennedy Guest

[quote]Originally posted by dmaxalliTech:
    The local paintless dent repair guy is gonna be on hand, he is first class and does very good work.
    Good deal, I have a couple/two three in my hood from hail stones...

Kennedy Guest

Originally posted by Micheal Tomac:
    If enough people are interested maybe we could start things off Friday night with some test-n-tune dragracing at Stanton or Martin.
    Are you strapping your front end at the track too?

I'm 7660# with just me in it, and the "army crawl" of the front end bothers me...

Been wanting to see what my truck can do, but I'm thinking C4 (second gear) clutches are a little soft. Guess I'll have to hook a trailer on and wail on them a bit to see what the status is...

mtomac Guest

I don't strap the front end at the dragstrip but I did lower the tbars all the way down. That made a big difference in the 60' times with the front tires not wanting to toe in when launching like they did with the tbars cranked up 2"

Any way we can identify us dieselpage Guys at the event or motel? We could be walking around the motel, lookin for something to do, and not realize who each other is.
    Hats, T-shirts, Jerseys??? Maybe post our dieselpage names on our room doors???
    02 Chev 2500HD Dmax/Allison X Cab LB 4WD
    Attitude, Monster Exhaust with Big Head, Michelin 265/75/16E LTX M/S on Alcoa Classics for summer hauling, Cooper Discover 238/85/16E M/S on PYO's for winter, B&W Goose Hitch with Companion 5th Wheel, Highway Products Tool Chest, Jordan Ultima 2020, Frederico sway bars front & rear, Air Lift SD Bags

You know, I wondered the same thing myself, How about the geeky "HELLO, MY NAME IS...." tags! LOL

Might have to do something, I like the hotel idea, let me know any suggestions on that guys

Probably just have to look in the parking lot for groups of folks looking at Dmax's Then again a beer might be good there somewhere...

Mark

Thumbs up

This GTG sounds great. Although I don't own a Dmax (yet), I will be making it out.

I feel a little bad attending since I have only been reading this list consistantly for a few days, and don't own a Duramax yet (plan on putting one in an H1 next year). I hope to make this a learning experience, and meet some of you Duramax guru's.

Silly question... any body know where to meet? I don't know which dealership this is at.

-Chris

OH Duh, I forgot to mention that

Event site:
    Todd Wenzel Pontiac GMC
    2727 28th st
    Grand Rapids, MI. 49512

Todd Wenzel home page