Thread: smoke after heads replaced

Cool smoke after heads replaced

I had blown a head gasket on my 1997 6.5l.Its a non turbo non electronic controll engine in a p-30 step van. The problem I have is the engine smokes white when revved hard or under heavy accelleration when rpms get high right before shifting. It smells like fuel. Could this be an injector problem? They re-used the injectors.They said the timming wasn't touched.

Cool smokey

I had one several years back that smoked just like it had a bad head gasket took apart found cracked head replaced still smoked after that found the timing advance lever on the side of the pump was stuck and the timeing was not changing properly, I pulled the intake and was able to get the lever on the passanger side of the pump freed up took care of smoking. I have had to adjust the timing on some older engines they would start smoking I just give the pump a little twist to the left smoking goes away, restories some lost power, normally have to R&R pump sometime down the road.
    2003 CHEVY 4500 DURAMAX/ALLISON 14'
    SERVICE CRANE BODY 16,500 LBS 14.5 MPG
    1998 K3500 SRW CREW CAB TRANSPLANTED 6.5TD ELECTROINC INTO, HEATH COMPUTER, 40+HP INJECTORS, 4" EXHAUST, VACUUM ELEMTINATOR ON TURBO,UPGRADED COOLING WITH ALL GM PARTS,NO VACUUM PUMP, SST OIL COOLER LINES MADE LOCALY FRACTION OF THE COST, 3" TOURBO/BOOST GAUSGE ALL IN ONE, ADDED GEAR DRIVE GREAT HELP WITH STARTING TIME DOESN'T JUMP AROUND ANY MORE, INTERCOOLER 3" INLET AND OUTLET COOLER 12x24x4, ALSO ADDED MANDEL BENT CROSS OVER, HAD TRUCK REPAINTED AND OPUT ON ALUM FLAT BED

I had water in my exhaust pipe. 80 miles later it seems to have cleared up.
    94 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4
    crew cab, full bed.
    472,000miles on block #10149599
    remote FSD, new batteries, used right side head, new left side head. Sold
    94 Chevy k2500 almost sold
    97 gmc k2500 6.5