Thread: 6.5 diesel head,must find cheap!!!

Default 6.5 diesel head,must find cheap!!!

On my 94 I took off the head and found bad exhaust valve, all bad exhaust valve guides, a bad precombustion chamber, and it needs surfaced. Machine shop wants 400 bucks parts and labor to fix.Where is the cheapest place to get a new stock head at?......I found one and the price to beat is 300 dollars and that includes shipping.It has valves and everything already brand new.The place is outta Clearwater Florida.Thanks for the help.
    1994 Chevy 3500 1 ton, regular cab, single rear wheels, 4x4, 5 speed manual tranny, 6.5 turbo diesel, brand new electronic injection pump, new glow plugs, new injectors 500 miles ago

Also is the extra heavy aftermarket head worth the money or not.......can have one to my door for 335 from Clearwater. Thanks.
    1994 Chevy 3500 1 ton, regular cab, single rear wheels, 4x4, 5 speed manual tranny, 6.5 turbo diesel, brand new electronic injection pump, new glow plugs, new injectors 500 miles ago

Call Clearwater cylinder head in Florida and have them ship you what you need.
    I just got a new set from them. They are after market castings and look great. I have heard many good thing about them too.
    Cost me $670 for the pair and that included shipping. They send you a prepaid shipping tag to return your ould one.
    They salvage the valves and springs they can and toss the iron.
    Best way to go me thinks. The GM heads even when new are junk.
    Hope this helps. If you get heads from clearwater make sure they send you a head with the same precup markings that came off or do a set. If you mismatch the heads the engine may run crappy do to inballance in power.
    The ones I got had the Diamond marked precups. The ones I took off had one round dot. The diamonds have larger pre cup port.
    Robyn