Hello,

I have a 1995 K2500 Extra Heavy Duty with the L65 engine option, 6.5l turbo diesel.

Recently while driving the truck, I have noticed that the accelerator doesn't always respond like it should. ie. you are driving along, truck is running fine. You take your foot off of the accelerator, slow down, then go to accelerate and there is no response. If you really push your foot into it, it will then leap back to life.

At the same time, I was driving along, only to get the "Service throttle soon" light up. In a couple of cases, the truck has gone into a limp mode of staying stuck at 1000 RPM regardless of how far I try to push the accelerator.

If I turn the truck off, it always restarts and then sometimes the "Service throttle soon" light will not appear and the truck will run fine for a while, only to reapeat the accelerator and "Service throttle soon" nonsense.

Recently, I disconnected the batteries, let the truck sit for a while and re-connected the batteries. The truck ran fine for quite some time and ran very smooth.

Only to find this morning, soon after I started it up, this nonsense came back of the "Service throttle soon" light and going into this 1000 rpm nonsense.

So, I took my Jeep to work instead.

I haven't tried to find a Diagnostic Trouble Code as of yet, but plan to.

Also, 7000 km ago, I replaced the PCM on the injector pump and it has run fine until this other nonsense appeared.

Worse yet, I just had some work done on the front end, ie. brakes and other stuff.

Any suggestions?

Thank you to anyone that responsds.

2Lane