Quote Originally Posted by Dgause View Post
So I need allite help here.
So my fuel light came on with range of 64 miles. Stopped and BP talking to my wife, grabbed the green handle and started filling my truck up. My truck was still on, I ended up putting 24 gallons of gas in my truck that's when I noticed it wasn't diesel. I shut off my truck after about 2-3 minutes of idling and got towed to the dealership.
Im curious if anyone knows how much fuel is burned at idle, should I be worried the engine is damaged? The truck was running just fine before I shut it off. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Dustin
Welcome aboard!

It doesn't sound like anything to worry about. Let the dealer flush the system and run the diagnostics. They have a procedure for just that. If you didn't hear/see/smell anything remarkable or catastrophic, it likely wasn't an issue. While the fuel system does cycle a lot more fuel than it burns, it isn't really much at idle. It's entirely possible the gas never made it to the pump, or not enough to cause a problem. The key is getting it flushed out and replaced with some fresh #2.

Also, if you have comprehensive insurance coverage, it will almost always cover the expense.