Not much time for this lately (fried motherboard among other things ) but here's where I'm at.

Alldata shows RWAL and 4WAL for 93. Mine must be RWAL as I see no sensor wires at the front wheels.

For 1993, the ABS module (EBCM) gets a speed signal from the Vehicle Speed Sensor Buffer (VSSB) which converts the AC sine-wave signal from the Vehicle Speed Sensor(VSS) on the transfer case, to a DC square wave signal (also used by the speedo).

For 2005 there is no separate VSSB. The VSS signal (likely the same AC signal but I'm not sure) is converted by the Engine Control Module (ECM) to a "4000 pulses per mile" signal. This signal goes to a bunch of other places including the radio! (gotta boost the bass at 60 I guess).

So... I have to decide what language the 05 speaks that the 93 can understand (if any). I kinda doubt the 93 VSSB puts out 4000 ppm (not sure why). But maybe the 93 & 05 VSS put out the same AC signal. Perhaps I can run the 05 VSS signal through the 93 VSSB so it can whisper sweet talk to the 93 EBCM?

Then again, maybe the 93 EBCM can understand the 4000 ppm put out by the 05 ECM.

I'm beyond my scanty electronics knowledge base trying to decide which way to go. One thing I don't want to do is make the ECM mad (I just did that to my motherboard ). I wonder if tapping off the 05 VSS to feed the 93 VSSB would alter the signal and confuse or damage the 05 ECM.

I think the brakes function OK with the ABS disabled so that's another option but ABS is nice, even if it's only RWAL.

Any electronics gurus out there? Jim? (no rush)

Arlie