Thread: Cummins Conversion & Dodge Mirror Upgrade to a GM truck

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cummins Conversion & Dodge Mirror Upgrade to a GM truck

I posted this in the Towing section but figured this might go over better on this page....

Just wondering what most people are doing for towing mirrors for there 88-98 Chevy's/GMC's. Reason being I was looking for a long time without finding a mirrow that would work for hauling my 102" wide Cargo Trailer other than the 1970's style bolt on West Coast mirror look...no thank you!!!!

What I found out was that the 1999-2002 Dodge towing mirrors body lines match perfectly to our CK style doors! After hours of trying to figure out how to bolt them up and now putting them on 4 different trucks! I have made a kit that is almost a complete bolt on but does require some mild drilling of 3- 1/4" holes.

Here is my question...I have found a source right from Dodge for these Mirrors at $250 per pair and I figure the mounting brackets/ hole drilling jig and instructions would be worth $300.

For an actually factory towing mirror would this be worth it? I have seen the CIPA mirrors and have used them and personally like the visability of these Dodge Units better!

What do you all think??? worth it to guys or no. I could also just supply a kit and have people buy there own off of e-bay.

Thanks...RyanB

Here is an atatchment of them on my brothers 89

I also have other pictures I will post for you tomorrow of them on my Dually
    Last edited by RyanBambach; 07-11-2006 at 11:57.