Thread: Edge EZ reviews

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default edge juice attitude or bully dog?

i have a 2002 duramax. i am debating wether to purchase the edge juice with attitude or the bully dog power pup down loader. anybody have any suggestions or produt feedback on any of these mods?

I got my edge ez today, and WOW! The truck starts to break traction once that turbo spools up. What does the truck do when the tranny goes into limp mode? I shifts ruff but I guess it gets better the more I drive it. It seems to shift kinda slow(maybe limp mode or does it defuel on shift) until it hits the higher gear
    2005 GMC 2500 HD D/A

It took my transmission quite a while to get the shifts sorted out. Yes....it does defuel on each shift and that is what causes the delay or hesitation between shifts. When you want to "romp and stomp", some of the roughness can be cured by using tow/haul, which will keep the converter locked up. I know you want to maximize performance, but personally on my truck, I think WOT runs from a dead stop are smoother in #1 or #2. Also when making these runs, start out with only 3/4 throttle until the truck really gets rolling, then "bury it." I rarely use #3. Also remember that you don't reach the full fueling potential until the coolant temp gets above about 180 degrees.
    2005 Chevy 2500HD, CC, SB, 4X4, Duramax, ARE Topper, 60 gallon RDS toolbox/tank combo, Kennedy Headlight Booster, Isspro pyrometer and boost gauges, EGR Blocker, PCV Kit, Bilsteins, 265 Michelin MS-2, TTS Exhaust, pulling 35' Jayco travel trailer.