Quote Originally Posted by ktingey View Post
I'm going through the same nightmare with my 03 2500 duramax. We blew one of the head gaskets the end of june. A week ago I got it out of the shop but the oil pressures will only stay up for only 15-20 minutes of driving. Then it drops to nothing. The shop stated we should just go ahead and order a new engine and it's not worth digging into the lower end of the engine. I took the truck to another shop and right off the bat we could smell fuel on the oil dipstick. We thought it might be the injectors were not seated correctly or the return lines were leaking. They just mentioned those all checked out OK. Does anyone have any other ideas? I can't afford a new engine!

Thanks!!
Leaky injectors or cups take a long while to fill the crankcase enough to be noticed, much more than a week in most cases. The return lines can do it in a hurry. Sounds like the shop that did the head gaskets either failed to seal the return lines, or broke one/some during the job. That's on them, for a bad job. There's likely NOTHING wrong with the bottom end of the engine, unless you ran it a lot with contaminated oil and low pressure.