Thread: Not sure if this is the right place, Gage Mount questions.

Default Not sure if this is the right place, Gage Mount questions.

Hi guys. I have a 98 GMC 4X4 and I am looking to put gages in it. The only mounts I see out there are A-Pillars, and universal mounts. Does anyone out there still make other mounts specifically for this year GMC/Chevy trucks?

Thanks.
    98 3500 GMC 4X4 crew cab Auto SRW

Good question
    I dont really know but there is always the option to custom build something that suits you.

Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Arrow

Lots of options. If you have an overhead console, you can install a gage mount in it, or you can use an overhead gage pod. One member documented his install in a thread where he punched holes in the center of the dash and installed them. Looked real nice. Also, have a look at the article/review "Got Gauges-Reloaded". Several options, and excellent info on different gauge combinations and mounting.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Quote Originally Posted by DmaxMaverick
    Lots of options. If you have an overhead console, you can install a gage mount in it, or you can use an overhead gage pod. One member documented his install in a thread where he punched holes in the center of the dash and installed them. Looked real nice. Also, have a look at the article/review "Got Gauges-Reloaded". Several options, and excellent info on different gauge combinations and mounting.
    Thanks, but it seems like everyone I talk to or website I visit only has the cool mounts for the new body styles. With mine being a 1998, I haven't seen many options.
    98 3500 GMC 4X4 crew cab Auto SRW

Arrow

The overhead pod is available for your vehicle. If you have an overhead console, the bezel will fit that, too. Other than that, only pillar pods and stand-alone type mounts are available, for your year, and later. The only option left is DIY custom.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com