Thread: 14 bolt spindle

Question 14 bolt spindle

Recently the 14 bolt full floater in my dually ate an outer spindle bearing. Long story short, the bearing went, froze up and the resulting damage broke the nut that holds the axle in. Axle almost departed the housing, while moving. The problem I now have is that the spingle is slightly out of round and cannot get the nut back on. Is there a away to re-round the spindle. I have tried thread files, a small triangle file to restore the roundness with no luck. If I cant get the nut back on, I have to swap the rear end. Does anybody know the thread size on the spindle, or know of some sort of fix?!?!? I need some help!

I have picture of it, but it is too big to post.
    1994 Dana 70 HD 4.11 Dually Crew cab. Exhaust work, 249,996 miles on orginal motor. Zero miles on new one.... Gauge work and various custom mods. Bumper & manifold (spare) mounted FSD cooler. This thing must have been assembeled on a Wednesday!!

Thumbs up 14 Bolt data

Go to this site look up in tech section "14 Bolt Bible" lots of data and tech manual downloads too.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/

Good luck
    99 GMC SUB, 2500, 4x4, 6.5 TD (F) #H32 enhanced blk, Phaser timing set, B&D IC, 3" ATS exh, K&N w/prefilter, 4WD NVG 246, 4L80E kevlar Transgo off road/tow mods/B&M supercooler, 14 FF MagTec w/locker 3.42:1, 9.25" IFS frt/diff 3.42:1 w/ARB locker, AutoMeter Boost & pre-turbo pyro meter, 12,000 lb hydro winch, Warn classic bumper w/brushguard & diesel scoop, Max E-torq Stage 3, hi pop inj, oil bypass sys, on board air comp for front ARB locker & tire inflation, DynaView driving/auto-cornering lts, DZ nerfs, A/T 285/75/16 SilentArmor 3750 lb rated on 3750 lb rated Alcoa, 3 IP drivers 2 r spares.