Thread: Make it easy to dispense fuel additive...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow Make it easy to dispense fuel additive...

[FONT=Verdana]OK, I know there are a lot of creative thinkers out there. I think we need a simple and clean way to add fuel treatment to the tank. Most additives I

I use an old Sta-Bil bottle. It is easy to measure the right amount based on the amount of fuel I'm going to pump into the tank. Ed
    Ed
    KM4STL

'06 Sierra LBZ 4x4 Crew SB, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, TTT/Schefenacker Mirrors
    '98 Suburban, 245,000 - sold 7-4-06

I was just thinking the same thing, after purchasing a case of FPPF last week. My current plan is to mix larger quantities at the transfer tank using a small graduated measuring cup. Still crude, but at least less often.
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

Something like two-cycle oil containers would be nice, squeeze the amount needed into the pouring recepticle and maybe add a little longer spout and your there!

Chris
    1999 F-250 PowerStroke Crew Cab Short Box Lariat 4X4
    Fumoto, Turbo-Master, MBRP 4", Billet Triple Disc TC, HD TransGo Tugger, AIS, Triple Pod, Autometer Phantoms, SPDiesel Overboost Eliminator, SCT Tuned By Tadd @ Elite Diesel Performance 75/100/125 and DP-Tuner 80 Econo PCM, Sirius Radio...
    2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Sport 4X4
    Stock for now...
    My Gallery

Arrow

Bulk treatment of ULSD presents a problem if you're using a metal storage tank. Most diesel fuel lubricity additives are comprised of a polar group of chemistries (fatty acids and/or esters), which are attracted to metal and form a boundary layer between closely fitting metal components used in a diesel fuel injection system. The relatively low concentration of 10ppm to 250ppm treatment (depending on which type of lubricity chemistry is used) could be nearly eliminated by the metal storage tank.

This polar reaction is a big concern to those who receive fuel that was treated at the refinery. The metal piping and storage tanks used in fuel distribution could result in no lubricity additive making its way into your truck's fuel tank. The best time for a fuel distributor to add a lubricity additive is while the ULSD is being transferred to the local fuel station's non-metallic fuel storage tank.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by More Power
    Bulk treatment of ULSD presents a problem if you're using a metal storage tank. Most diesel fuel lubricity additives are comprised of a polar group of chemistries (fatty acids and/or esters), which are attracted to metal and form a boundary layer between closely fitting metal components used in a diesel fuel injection system. The relatively low concentration of 10ppm to 250ppm treatment (depending on which type of lubricity chemistry is used) could be nearly eliminated by the metal storage tank.

This polar reaction is a big concern to those who receive fuel that was treated at the refinery. The metal piping and storage tanks used in fuel distribution could result in no lubricity additive making its way into your truck's fuel tank. The best time for a fuel distributor to add a lubricity additive is while the ULSD is being transferred to the local fuel station's non-metallic fuel storage tank.

Jim
    Very interesting post! I've noticed that my aluminum aux tank seemed to get less fuel economy than my poly OEM! I couldn't figure out what was up with that. I guess the aluminum tank is "scavenging" my FPPF? The mileage gap between tanks has narrowed in the last year or so, has my aux tank gotten "passified" by exposure to FPPF over 6 years?
    Tom Ashley 2004 6.0 2500HD/Silverado CC/SB/4x4