Thread: Overboast code

Default Overboast code

Hello,

On thursday, I was coming home from lunch and my truck seemed down on power and I looked down and the SES light was on. I took it right into the dealer. They pulled the codes and it had an Over boast code and a block heater code in history. I have the 3 power level edge box. It hasn't been on my truck in over a month and half and it was not on there when this happened. The dealer couldn't find anything wrong.

Could someone explain what exactly this code means and is it a sign of things to come?

I though the block heater was totally separate from everything. Just a block plug with an outlet cord on it. What would it pull a code for? They ordered a new updated electrical cord for it. Any one have any additional info on that?

The truck is a 2005 2500HD D/A 4x4 with about 26000 miles. No problems what so ever up to this point.

Thanks in advance!!!

Bill Simpkins
    2005 GMC 2500 HD D/A

Fourten,
    I had the same problem, and I posted it here and got some answers. What year is this truck? I have an 01' that I bought used and added an airaid intake and 4" exhaust to. I depowered a few times while pulling my 30' 5th wheel the first time. My dealer pulled the codes and sure enough, "overboost" code was there. The dealer blames the exhaust/intake for letting the bruck breath too easy, and said the only thing they would reccommend is to go back to stock. Obviously I found that amusing. I was directed to Kennedy Diesel by a few of the well informed here on this site. Kennedy has reccommended that he program(his custom) my ECM so that this will not happen again. The way I understand it the custom program will take the place of having a PDA type programmer(the edge monitor), and it's like $700. You should contact Kennedy and get the answers, I feel completely comfortable with the answers I got from him. Good luck!
    Shed
    01' LB7 2500 HD ext.cab, auto, 4" magnaflow, airaid intake, Mag-Hytec tranny pan, all Amsoil, Bilsteins.

In pusuit of the perfect camper pulling rig....

05'-30' Pilgrim 5th wheel

Always on the road headin for a campsite!

Arrow

I've seen as high as 32-psi on Lil Red's LB7 - no codes. I run an AFE Stage I air intake.

If you're running an aftermarket oiled gauze or foam air filter, I'd first clean the MAF sensor using an oil-free spray solvent.

The LLY engines use the Garrett VNT turbocharger, which, due its different design introduces a range of things to look at. The Tech II can be used to evaluate the vane actuator and position sensor, and perform a vane position re-learn procedure (which basically tests the variable parts of the turbo).

Jim